1. Be a first-year, undergraduate international applicant to Stony Brook University
for the fall 2020 semester. An international applicant is an individual who holds
citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US
citizenship or permanent residency.
2. Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
3. Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural
learning and exchange.
A committee will conduct a holistic review of applicants, considering academic fit
at Stony Brook,
history of activities involving intercultural learning, goals and aspirations, essay/video quality, and creativity of their submission.
Awardees will be required to pay their enrollment deposit at Stony Brook University
by May 1, 2020, and enroll at a full-time level at Stony Brook in the fall 2020 semester.
Additional terms and conditions for awardees to accept this award and retain the scholarship
in subsequent semesters will be explained in their official scholarship offer letter.
1. Apply for admission to Stony Brook by the
January 15, 2020 deadline.
2. Submit all required credentials (transcripts and TOEFL/SAT scores) by
February 1, 2020.
#YouAreWelcomeHere Application in your Stony Brook applicant portal by February 1,
including your 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video (include link to
video or e-mail it separately to
firstname.lastname@example.org) describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences
that will advance intercultural learning. You will be sent login information for your
applicant portal several days after submitting your application for admission.
Awards will be announced in March 2020.