1. Be a first-year, undergraduate international applicant to Stony Brook University
for the fall 2024 semester. An international applicant is an individual who holds
citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US
citizenship or permanent residency.
2. Demonstrated leadership skills, interests and personal initiative in activities
involving leadership, intercultural learning, and plans to apply these at Stony Brook
A committee will conduct a holistic review of applicants, considering academic fit
at Stony Brook, history of activities involving intercultural learning, leadership
experiences, goals and aspirations, essay/video quality, and creativity of their submission.
Awardees will be required to pay their enrollment deposit at Stony Brook University
by May 1, 2024, and enroll at a full-time level at Stony Brook in the fall 2024 semester.
Additional terms and conditions for awardees to accept this award and retain the scholarship
in subsequent semesters will be explained in their official scholarship offer letter.
1. Apply for admission to Stony Brook by the January 15, 2024 deadline.
2. Submit all required credentials (transcripts and English Proficiency scores) by February 1, 2024.
3. Submit the #YouAreWelcomeHere Application in your Stony Brook applicant portal by February 1,
2024 including your two-to-five minute video (include link to video in the applicant portal)
telling us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan
to continue applying your leadership skills at Stony Brook University. You will be
sent login information for your applicant portal several days after submitting your
application for admission.
Questions? E-mail: email@example.com
Awards will be announced in March 2024.