Skip Navigation

Get Credit

Academic credit for undergraduate research is arranged through academic departments (not through the URECA program). Students doing research are reminded to register for credit (zero to six credits,generally in 487, 488, and/or 499 courses) with the department in which they are doing research. Check the  Online Bulletin for more information and contact departments directly. Department policies may vary (grading--letter grades vs. S/U; limits on research credits, etc.)

Why is registering for zero credits done?  Registering for credit (even zero credits) while doing faculty-mentored research enables the University to monitor and track student participation in research and creative activity and to document faculty/departmental efforts in this area. Your cooperation is much appreciated!

Login to Edit