The following organizations have funded development of the Mobility Assist.
The following individuals have played pivotal roles in development of the Mobility Assist.
- Dr. Hari B. Pillai: The Mobility Assist was designed for Dr. Pillai. Without him, there would be no device. He not only brought an important problem to us, but also provided initial funding with the help from the SPIR program to kick-start this project. Without his patience and encouragement, this project would have not been this successful.
- Joe Scaduto: In 2012, Joe invited Dr. Purwar to the Long Island Innovation Boot Camp/ Pre-Seed Work Shop and help him establish key connections with Ed Behan from Biodex Medical Systems
- Ed Behan, V.P. Market Development, Biodex Medical Systems
- Donna Tumminello, Asst Director, Technology Licensing and Industry Relations, Stony Brook University
- Many students who worked on creating various generations of prototypes of the Mobility Assist