Summer Research Program - 2022
June 27 – August 12
The Garcia 2022 Summer Research Program will be taking place in a hybrid format. For the first five weeks of the program (June 27th - July 29th 2022) the program will be in-person on the Stony Brook University campus. For the remainder of the program (August 1st - August 12th 2022) the program will take place in a synchronous virtual modality.
Requirements for Summer 2022 High School applicants:
- All students must be, at least 16 years old on, orbefore July 4, 2022, no exceptions.
- Have an unweighted GPA of 95/100 (3.8/4.0)
- Must have at least 3 of the following subjects:
- English (Honors or AP a plus)
- Chemistry (Honors or AP a plus)
- Mathematics or Calculus (Honors or AP a plus)
- Physics (Honors or AP a plus)
- Biology (optional) (Honors or AP a plus)
- Standardized test scores (SAT and/or Regents) must be 60% or above.
- Students who show evidence of leadership, special talents or interests, and other personal qualities through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and other non-academic pursuits will receive special consideration.
Along with the application form you MUST send (or have submitted):
- Transcript of grades (typically sent by your school)
- Three letters of recommendation, with one being from your Science Coordinator/Teacher.
Please use the Teacher Recommendation Letter Coversheet.
- Recommendation letter and coversheet must be included with the application in sealed envelopes.
- Non-Refundable $50 Registration fee - Payable by check or wire transfer
- Please make checks payable to "SUNY Stony Brook", or include wire transfer receipt in your application package. (Details for wire transfers can be found in the below application form)
Laboratory usage fee: $3000
Optional Room and Board (Single Occupancy Room + Campus Dining Meal Plan): To Be Announced