Summer Research Program - 2023
June 26 – August 11
Read about us!
Requirements for Summer 2023 High School applicants:
- All students must be, at least 16 years old on, or before July 4, 2023, no exceptions.
- Have an unweighted GPA of 95/100 (3.8/4.0)
- Must have at least 3 of the following subjects:
- English (Honors or AP a plus)
- Chemistry (Honors or AP a plus)
- Mathematics or Calculus (Honors or AP a plus)
- Physics (Honors or AP a plus)
- Biology (optional) (Honors or AP a plus)
- Standardized test scores (SAT/ACT and/or Regents) must be 60% or above.
- Students who show evidence of leadership, special talents or interests, and other personal qualities through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and other non-academic pursuits will receive special consideration.
Along with the application form you MUST send (or have submitted):
- Transcript of grades (typically sent by your school)
- Three letters of recommendation, with one being from your Science Coordinator/Teacher. Please use the Teacher Recommendation Letter Coversheet.
- Recommendation letter and coversheet must be included with the application in sealed envelopes.
- Non-Refundable $50 Registration fee - Payable by check or wire transfer
- Please make checks payable to "SUNY Stony Brook", or include wire transfer receipt in your application package. (Details for wire transfers can be found in the below application form)
Application Mailing Address:
College of Engineering and Applied Science
100 Engineering Drive
Stony Brook, NY 11794-2275
tel: 516 458 9011
Laboratory usage fee: $3700
|Room Location - Type||Billed directly by University Bursar (NOT administered by Garcia)|
|Roth - Double (6/25/23 - 8/12/23)||$2436.00 ($50.75/night)|
|Mandatory Meal Plan (Flat Rate)||$600.00|
|Mandatory Student Health Services Fee (Flat Rate)||$61.50|