- Amanda R. Krause, Hector F. Garces, Gopal Dwivedi, Angel L. Ortiz, Sanjay Sampath, Nitin P. Padture, Calcia-magnesia-alumino-silicate (CMAS)-induced degradation and failure of air plasma sprayed yttria-stabilized zirconia thermal barrier coatings (2016), Acta Materialia, Volume 105, Pages 355–366.
- Bilge S.,Hector F. Garces, Angel L. Ortiz, Gopal Dwivedi, Sanjay Sampath, NitinP. Padture. CMAS-Resistant Plasma Sprayed Thermal Barrier Coatings Based on Y2O3-Stabilized ZrO2 with Al3+ and Ti4+ Solute Additions (2014). Journal of Thermal Spray Technology, Volume 23, Issue 4, pp 708-715.
- Krause, Amanda R., Bilge S. Senturk, Hector F. Garces, Gopal Dwivedi, Angel L. Ortiz, Sanjay Sampath, and Nitin P. Padture. 2ZrO2· Y2O3 Thermal Barrier Coatings Resistant to Degradation by Molten CMAS: Part I, Optical Basicity Considerations and Processing (2014), Journal of the American Ceramic Society 97, no. 12: 3943-3949.
- Drexler, J. M., Gledhill, A. D., Shinoda, K., Vasiliev, A. L., Reddy, K. M., Sampath, S., & Padture, N. P. Jet engine coatings for resisting volcanic ash damage (2011), Advanced Materials, 23(21), 2419-2424.
- Drexler, J. M., Chen, C. H., Gledhill, A. D., Shinoda, K., Sampath, S., & Padture, N. P. Plasma sprayed gadolinium zirconate thermal barrier coatings that are resistant to damage by molten Ca–Mg–Al–silicate glass (2012), Surface and Coatings Technology, 206(19), 3911-3916.
- Gledhill, A. D., Reddy, K. M., Drexler, J. M., Shinoda, K., Sampath, S., & Padture, N. P. Mitigation of damage from molten fly ash to air-plasma-sprayed thermal barrier coatings (2011), Materials Science and Engineering: A,528(24), 7214-7221.
- J.M.Drexler, K.Shinoda, A.Ortiz, D.Li, A.Vasiliev, A.D.Gledhill, S.Sampath and N.Padture, Air Plasma Sprayed thermal barrier coatings that are resistant to high temperature attack by glassy deposits, Acta Mat 58(20) (2010) 6835-6844.
- S. Deshpande, S. Sampath, H. Zhang, “Mechanisms of oxidation and its role in microstructural evolution of metallic thermal spray coatings - Case study for Ni-Al,” Surface & Coating Technology, 200 (18-19) (2006), pp.5395-5406.
- M. L. Lau, J. He, R. Schweinfest, M. Ruhle, C. G. Levi and E. J. Lavernia, “Synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline Cu-Al coatings”, Mater. Sci. & Eng. A, 347 (2003), pp. 231-242.
- T. Chraska and A. H. King, “Effect of Different Substrate Conditions upon Interface with Sprayed Zirconia- a TEM Study”, Surface & Coatings Technology, 157 (2002), pp. 238-246.
- T. Chraska and A. H. King, “Transmission electron microscopy study of rapid solidification of plasma sprayed zirconia - part I. First splat solidification”, Thin Solid Films, 397 (2001), pp. 30-39.
- T. Chraska and A. H. King, “Transmission electron microscopy study of rapid solidification of plasma sprayed zirconia - part II. Interfaces and subsequent splat solidification”, Thin Solid Films, 397 (2001), pp. 40-48.
- R. Goswami, H. Herman, S. Sampath, X. Jiang, Y. Tian and G. Halada, “Plasma sprayed Mo-Mo oxide nanocomposites: synthesis and characterization”, Surface & Coatings Technology, 141 (2001), pp. 220-226.
- X. Y. Jiang, S. Sampath and H. Herman, “Grain morphology of molybdenum splats plasma-sprayed on glass substrates”, Mater. Sci. & Eng. A, 299 (2001), pp. 235-240.
- S. Rangarajan and A. H. King, “Non-destructive evaluation of delamination in ceramic thin films on metal substrates by scanning electron microscopy”, Thin Solid Films, 385 (2001), pp. 22-28.
- T. Chraska, A. H. King and C. C. Berndt, “On the size-dependent phase transformation in nanoparticulate zirconia”, Mater. Sci. & Eng. A, 286 (2000), pp. 169-178.
- A. Kulkarni, S. Sampath, A. Goland, H. Herman and B. Dowd, “Computed microtomography studies to characterize microstructure-property correlations in thermal sprayed alumina deposits”, Scripta Materialia, 43 (2000), pp. 471-476.
- G.Montavon, C.Coddet, C.C.Berndt and S.H.Leigh, “Microstructural Index to Quantify Thermal Spray Deposit Microstructures Using Image Analysis”, J. Thermal Spray Tech., 7 (1998), pp. 229.
- Y.Wu, M.Qu, L.Gianuzzi, S.Sampath and A.Gouldstone, Focused Ion Beam Study of Ni5Al Single Splat Microstructure, Mat. Res.Soc.Symp.Proc. Vol 983 (2007) 098LL04-04-KK04-04.
- Y. Tan, J. P. Longtin, S. Sampath, “Modeling Thermal Conductivity of Thermal Spray Coatings: Comparing Predictions to Experiments,” Thermal Spray Conference & Expositions (ITSC) Seattle, Washington, 2006, Electronic Proceedings.
- S. Deshpande, S. Sampath, P. I. Gouma and H. Herman, “Microstructural Characterization across Length Scales of Thermal Sprayed Ni-5wt. %Al Coatings”, in B. R. Marple, ed., Thermal Spray: Advancing the Science and Applying the Technology (ITSC 2003), ASM International, Material Park, OH, USA, Orlando, Florida, USA, 2003, p1419.
- L.Sun, C.C.Berndt, A.Kucuk, R.S.Lima, and K.A.Khor, “Surface Characterization of Plasma Sprayed Hydroxyapatite Coatings”, 24th Annual Cocoa Beach Meeting Proceeding, Cocoa Beach, Florida, January 23-30, 2000. Am. Ceramic Soc., Vol. 21, Part 4, 2000, p. 251-258.
- . H.Boukari, A.J.Allen, G.G.Long, J.Ilavsky, J.Wallace, C.C.Berndt, and H.Herman, “The Role of Feedstock Particles Size on the Microstructural Behavior of Plasma-Sprayed YSZ Deposits During Annealing”, Proc. of UTSC '99, Germany. 1999, p799.
- L.Jacobs, M.M.Hyland, J.Gutleber and S.Sampath, “Study of the Decarburisation Reactions and Phase Transformations of a WC-Co Powder”, Proc. of UTSC '99, Germany. 1999, p439.
- R.A.Denoirjean, A.Vardelle, G.-X.Wang and S.Sampath, “Nucleation and Phase Selection in Plasma-Sprayed Al2O3”, Proc. of the 15th ITSC, Vol. 1, Nice, France, May, 1998, p407.
- J.Ilavsky, G.G.Long and A.J.Allen, “Evolution of the Microstructure of Plasma-Sprayed Deposits During Heating”, Proc. of the 15th ITSC, Vol. 2, Ed. C.Coddet, Nice, France, May, 1998, p1641.
- X.Y.Jiang, S.Sampath, A.Vardelle, M.Vardelle and P.Fauchais, “Microstructure Development During Plasma Spraying of Molybdenum, Part II: Coating Microstructure and Properties”, Proc. of the 15th ITSC, Vol. 1, Ed. C.Coddet, Nice, France, May, 1998, p735.
- A.Vardelle, G.X.Wang, X,Y.Jiang and S.Sampath, “Microstructure Development During Plasma Spraying of Molybdenum, Part I: Splat Solidification”, Proc. of the 15th ITSC, Vol. 1, Ed. C. Coddet, Nice, France, May, 1998, p729.