Stephanie Song ‘14Stephanie graduated from the Chemical and Molecular Engineering (CME) program at SBU concentrating in Biomaterials with a minor in Business. Stephanie was a WISE program recipient and was involved in several organizations such as AIChE (VP and ChemE Car) and Society of Women Engineers (Secretary). Currently, Stephanie is a Quality Engineer at 3M responsible for design and product assurance. Stephanie will give an overview about the path from design to manufacturing, what happens after a product is launched, how is quality engineering as the unconventional role, and how to become more than what you are on paper.
Alumni Spotlight Series
Sep.27, Mon 8:00 pm
Product Design from Idea to Commercial Manufacturing
Grad student Chenyu Zhou's paper on optimizing solar fuel production was recently published in Nature Energy
Prof. Jason Trelewicz was recognized by Long Island Business News as one of the Power 25 in Education
A publication from Prof. Yu-chen Karen Chen-Wiegart's group was highlighted as a cover for Journal of Materials Chemistry A
A team led by Prof. Anatoly Frenkel published their work on machine learning-enabled mapping of XANES spectra in The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters
Lola Akindejoye (C ME alumna) has recently been featured on the Boeing website for Black History MonthRead All News
Events & Seminars
MSCE Department Seminar
Prof. Edward Maginn ( University of Notre Dame)
Understanding Structure and Dynamics of Novel Battery Electrolytes: Water-in-Salt and Deep Eutectic Liquids
Sep. 22 from 1pm-2pm
View All Events
- 6OctMSCE Departmental Seminar Professor Nicola Spaldin, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland...
- 13OctMSCE Departmental Seminar Dr. Lelia Cosimbescu, PNNL (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory)...
- 20OctMSCE Departmental Seminar Professor Michael Meijler, Ben Gurion University, Israel...
- 27OctMSCE Departmental Seminar Professor Per-Olof Syrén, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden...
- 3NovMSCE Departmental Seminar Rachel O’Reilly, University of Birmingham, UK...
- 10NovMSCE Departmental Seminar Professor Husam Alshareef, King Abdullah University of Science & Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia...
Chair, Department of Materials Science and Chemical Engineering