Applied AI Panel
Artificial intelligence implies that a machine mimics "cognitive" functions that are normally associated with the human mind. AI is a constellation of technologies that permits machines to sense, comprehend, act and learn and is transforming the relationship between people and technology. Panelists will include distinguished speakers from Zebra Technologies, IBM Research, the University of Louisiana, and Zeblok.
- Arie Kaufman, PhDDistinguished Professor & Chief Scientist, CEWITStony Brook University Expertise & Interests
Dr. Kaufman has been conducting research for 40 years in visualization, virtual-reality, medical imaging, machine learning and their applications, has published more than 350 refereed manuscripts, has delivered more than 20 invited keynote talks, has been awarded/filed more than 100 patents, and has been a principal/co-principal investigator on more than 130 researchgrants.
- Henry Chu, PhDProfessorUniversity of Louisiana Expertise & Interests
Dr. Chu's recent research has investigated problems related to collating and analyzing data from different sources to address such societal issues as improving health systems performance and disaster recovery planning.
- Mouli NarayananFounder and Chief Executive OfficerZeblok ComputationalExpertise & Interests
Mr. Narayanan wishes to truly democratize AI and enable every business, small and large, to create AI inspired digital assets to deliver impactful products and services to their customers.
- Nicole TricoukesSenior MaverickZebra TechnologiesExpertise & Interests
Ms. Tricoukes is making the futuristic visions in science fiction a reality by expanding the human possibilities of enterprise wearable technologies with intuitive heads-up display systems and advanced augmented and virtual reality experiences, making the future of interactive work seamless.
- Shiqiang Wang, PhDResearch Staff MemberIBM ResearchExpertise & Interests
Dr. Wang's current research focuses on the interdisciplinary areas in distributed computing, machine learning, networking, optimization, and signal processing.
Smart Infrastucture Panel
Smart infrastructure technologies aim to enhance the way people live and work. This panel will explore a wide range of topics, such as cyber physical systems, IoT, robotics, cyber security, artificial intelligence, data visualization, blockchain, etc. Panelists will include distinguished speakers from AT&T, IBM, Twitter, the University of Massachusetts Lowell, and Stony Brook University.
- Rong Zhao, PhDDirector of Software Systems Division, CEWITStony Brook UniversityExpertise & Interests
Dr. Zhao's areas of expertise include information retrieval, databases, data mining, machine learning, user interfaces, healthcare informatics, mobile computing, software engineering, agile development, and innovation management.
- Jennia Hizver, PhDPrincipal Architect AT&T Cybersecurity Expertise & Interests
Dr. Hizver is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and a Certified Information Privacy Professional/US (CIPP/US)
- Jonathan LenchnerSr. Technical Staff Member and Master Inventor, Computer Science Foundations IBM T.J. Watson Research CenterExpertise & Interests
Mr. Lencher has developed robots to help with data center energy efficiency and for greeting visitors at the IBM lab
- Christopher Niezrecki, PhDProfessor and Chair, Department of Mechanical EngineeringUniversity of Massachusetts LowellExpertise & Interests
Dr. Christopher Niezrecki’s primary research includes renewable energy systems, wind turbine dynamics, monitoring, and inspection, structural dynamic and acoustic systems, smart structures, signal processing, structural health monitoring, and smart materials.
- Amir Rahmati, PhDAssistant ProfessorStony Brook UniversityExpertise & Interests
Dr. Rahmati's research focuses on the security of emerging technologies including Machine Learning and Internet of Things.
- Yedendra Shrinivasan, PhDSoftware/ML Engineering LeaderTwitter Cortex Expertise & Interests
Dr. Shrinivasan is currently works at Twitter in New York. At Tralexho, his team is currently building technologies for enabling traceability and transparency in the supply chain.
Drug Discovery Panel
The future of healing and overcoming disease rests in science and drug development. Industry-wide, more than $100 billion is spent on patients in clinical trials – accounting for 25% of budgets. In the post COVID-19 era, there is a movement to reform how drug development is conducted. The rapid development of CoVID vaccines shines a path for biopharma, regulatory agencies and health technology companies to accelerate innovation and ensure research is made accessible. These possibilities will require the consistent, widespread adoption of transformative research methods and innovative organizational approaches.
- Gil BasheChair of Global HealthFINN PartnersExpertise & Interests
Mr. Bashe is listed as a “Top Ten Digital Health Influencer” by Symplur and among “The Top Brains in the New World of Work” by Fast Company.
- Kim BransonSVP Global Head of Artificial Intelligence and Machine LearningGSKExpertise & Interests
Dr. Branson brings a deep expertise in modeling and machine learning to drug and vaccine discovery, combining perspectives spanning academia to technology start-up.
- Craig Granowitz, MD, PhDSenior Vice President and Chief Medical OfficerLexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Expertise & Interests
Dr. Granowitz served as senior vice president and head of global medical affairs, global human health of Merck & Co., Inc. and in a variety of medical and commercial management positions.
- MaryAnne Rizk, PhDChief Strategy OfficerMedableExpertise & Interests
Dr. Rizk's expertise includes providing biopharma executives access to leading innovations that provide scientific insights, intelligence and convenience for patients.
Venture Capital Trends Panel
This distinguished panel is composed of lead investors from around the world . Discussion will focus on what is influencing the flow of venture capital now as to its directions and relative quantities. CEWIT Conference attendees will be invited to submit their questions during the discussion.
- Michael LaneDirectorLong Island Capital AllianceExpertise & Interests
Mr. Lane's experience and counsel are frequently sought to advise on the challenges relating to business start-ups, funding and capitalization, operations, sales and marketing, leadership, and other organizational opportunities.
- Alexandra CholiPartnerMetavallon.vc Expertise & Interests
Ms. Choli is an experienced professional in the fields of operations, business development and strategy, an avid entrepreneur and founder of both impact and mainstream ventures, and an active angel and institutional investor in Greece and internationally.
- Neil CohenFounder and ChairmanEmerald Development ManagersExpertise & Interests
Neil Cohen is the Founder and Chairman of Emerald Development Managers LP, a Venture Capital firm founded in 1994, and Co-Founder and Co-CEO of American Rock Salt Company LLC, the largest salt mine in the US. Mr. Cohen serves as a Board Director of Babson Diagnostics, Inc., Proscia Inc., Sustained Nano Systems LLC, and TBT Pharma Inc.
- Yoav HochbergManaging Partner, FounderNextLeap Ventures Expertise & Interests
Mr. Hochberg is a Board member and Strategic consultant to startups and multinational corporations, an executive coach, and adjunct senior lecturer in the Technion.
- Jeremy Krell, DMD, MBAManaging PartnerRevere PartnersExpertise & Interests
Dr. Krell oversaw strategic provider innovation and development at Oscar Health, a health insurance company that had an IPO in 2021.
- Rajan LuthraHead of Special ProjectsReliance Industries LtdExpertise & Interest
Mr. Luthra has been among the earliest adopters of transformative fourth industrial revolution technologies including IoT, biometrics, drones, AI, and computer vision and has deep connects with global innovation ecosystems.