The MAPP program is housed in one of the country's leading departments of political science, ranked among the top five in research and publications, with a faculty comprised of nationally recognized scholars and highly experienced public policy professionals. In addition, the program draws on faculty resources from other prestigious Stony Brook programs in health policy, business, economics and education.
- Leonie Huddy: Professor. Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 1988. Research & Interests: Political Attitudes; Groups and Politics; Socio-political Gerontology; Women and Politics; Survey Methodology.
- Lee Koppelman: Leading Professor. Ph.D., New York University, 1967. Research & Interests: Comprehensive Regional and Urban Planning; Environmental Planning; Intergovernmental Relations and American Federalism; Coastal Zone Planning and Analysis.
- Peter Salins: University Professor, Ph.D., Syracuse University, 1969. Research & Teaching Interests: Higher Education Policy; Housing, Economic Development; Immigration; Urban and Regional Planning.
Affiliated Faculty and Lecturers:
- Stephanie Kelton: Professor. Ph.D. New School for Social Research, New York, 2001. Research & Teaching Interests: Macroeconomic Policy; International Economics; Government Finance, Student Debt, Social Security, and Employment Policy.
- Allen Kovesdy, MBA, Long Island University, 1972. Long Island Regional Planning Council; Former Director of Management and Research, Suffolk County Executive’s Office.
- Richard Murdocco. Land use, real estate, development.
- Juliete Passer, Esq. International law, foreign policy.