The Application for Summer 2023 will open 4/1/2023
Students attending other colleges and universities frequently enroll in Summer Session classes as non-matriculated students. We recommend that you check with your academic advisor at your home campus about the applicability of the courses you select for your degree program. Need a syllabus for your home institution? Use our Classie Syllabus Explorer to download syllabi.
- Summer enrollment is very affordable; Stony Brook’s tuition is a fraction of the cost of private universities
- Take courses that fulfill your major requirements, including prerequisites for entry
to health sciences and engineering fields
Steps to Enroll
- Undergraduates: Complete the Summer Session Application.
Graduates: Those who have already earned a bachelor’s degree must apply to the Office of Graduate and Health Sciences Admissions as a graduate special student in order to enroll in undergraduate or graduate course.
- Allow (3-5) business days for processing. You will be sent a Stony Brook ID Number and registration instructions.
- Register for courses in the SOLAR System. If you need help registering for courses in SOLAR, view a tutorial. Courses that have prerequisites require approval from the academic department, so you'll want to reach out quickly.
- Review our payment policies, procedures and deadlines. Included on your bill will be a $25 visiting student fee, due by the first day of the session.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more helpful information on registering for classes.