Stony Brook Experts
an online search tool for members of the media to identify experts at Stony Brook
Dr. Apostolos Tassiopoulos has expertise in minimally invasive (endovascular) management of abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms, aortic dissections, vascular trauma, lower extremity vascular disease (PAD), treatment of venous disease (including minimally invasive percutaneous closure for varicose veins), treatment and prevention of deep-vein-thrombosis, inferior vena cava filters, thrombolysis, renal and mesenteric artery stenosis, surgery for stroke prevention (carotid stenting and endarterectomy), dialysis access procedures, and limb-salvaging procedures. He also has experience with surgical quality improvement programs and with improving safety of surgical patients.
- Medical School, Aristotle University Medical School
- Residency, SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Surgery
- Internship, SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Surgery
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine, Surgery-Cardiothoracic
- Fellowship, Loyola University Medical Center, Surgery-Vascular