- Improve student learning outcomes, retention, and social mobility through college and career readiness.
- Position Stony Brook University (SBU) as a national leader in the study of connections among writing, education, and the workplace.
- Enhance education at the university, two-year college, and high school levels through improved writing instruction, assessment, and faculty development across multiple disciplines.
- Foster innovative partnerships with industry to drive research and student success.
- Support the SBU Program in Writing and Rhetoric through new course offerings, professional and curricular development, experiential learning, and student research opportunities, and academic and career mentorship.
- Publish and present findings to expand the impact of the Writing Research Lab’s research.