ADDITIONAL SHUTTLE INFORMATION
SAFETY RULES: In order to
ensure the safety and comfort of shuttle riders, pedestrians and motorists, it is
important to follow these simple rules.
- Wait in an orderly line for the shuttle
- Don't knock on the driver's door or chase the shuttle. Please wait for the next
- Respect the shuttle and shuttle stops
- Don't run to board the shuttle
- Enter from the front door only
- Let passengers exit before you board the shuttle
- Hold children's hands when boarding and exiting
- Board the shuttle when it has fully stopped
- Standees must remain behind the white safety line
- Use headphones on the shuttle
- No smoking, eating or drinking while on board
- Keep aisles free
- Use the stop bell before you reach your stop
- Stand clear until the bus leaves and cross at the nearest crosswalk
- Look carefully in all directions before you cross
- Use caution when approaching a stopped shuttle from either direction
- You must always stop for flashing red lights even on the divided roads and multilane
- Stay on the sidewalk until the shuttle leaves the bus stop
- Wait until a shuttle pulls out of an intersection before crossing the street
ADA ACCESSIBLE SERVICE:
To help you have a safe and comfortable ride, it will be helpful if you:
- Tell the driver if you would like assistance
- Board the hydraulic platform in outboard position (back towards shuttle)
- Center the wheelchair on the hydraulic platform and apply the brakes
- Allow the driver make sure that the wheelchair is secured properly
- Allow the driver operate the lift gate manually if there is a power failure
If something happens at the shuttle stop that makes you feel unsafe, tell the driver
or call the University Police at (631) 632-3333.
Report any unsafe road conditions or problems with pedestrian walkways (light outages,
potholes etc.) to (631) 632-6400.
Call (631) 632-6418 for any items left on the shuttle.
We reserve the right to cancel or augment SBU Transit service levels based on traffic,
weather and/or other conditions. For more specific information or to inquire about
current SBU Transit service levels, please call (631) 632-3741 or (631) 632-6418.