Suffolk Transit Connection
The Suffolk Transit Connection is a transportation service provided to current Stony Brook University students who are interested in traveling between Stony Brook University and local off-campus area destinations for food, shopping and recreational activities. The service is provided through a partnership between Stony Brook University and Suffolk County, and is a sustainable transportation solution only available to current Stony Brook University students who hold a valid Stony Brook University identification card.
Suffolk Transit Connection Transportation Services:
- On Saturdays Only: Current Stony Brook University students may utilize their valid SBU ID Card to board Suffolk Transit S60/69 & 3D bus routes, in order to travel to/from the Smith Haven Mall & Village of Port Jefferson and all points in between .
- On Sundays Only: Current Stony Brook University students may utilize their valid SBU ID Card to board the Suffolk Transit 3D bus route, in order to travel to/from the Smith Haven Mall and all points in between.
- The Suffolk Transit Connection only is available on Saturdays and Sundays, and does not affect SBU Transit's Sunday - Shopping Route (East & West Campus) services.
- Current Stony Brook University students who hold and show their valid SBU ID Card can board Suffolk Transit S60/69 & 3D bus routes from "Suffolk Transit" marked bus stops at Stony Brook University. For more information on "Suffolk Transit" bus stops, please see our SBU Transit Map and/or the listing of Suffolk Transit bus stops below.
- Suffolk Transit Connection replaces SBU Transit Mall Routes (East & West Campus) on Saturdays, which saves the University approximately 3,500 gallons of fuel per year. As a result, SBU Transit does not operate the Mall Routes (East & West Campus) on Saturdays.
Suffolk Transit Connection Operating Times ( S60/69 and 3D)
|Suffolk Transit S60||8:00am to 8:20pm|
|Suffolk Transit S69||8:45pm to 10:20pm|
|Suffolk Transit 3D||7:05pm to 6:25pm|
Suffolk County Bus Schedules:
- Suffolk Transit - S60 Bus Route
- Suffolk Transit - S69 Bus Route
- Suffolk Transit - 3D Bus Route
- Suffolk Transit (Systemwide)
Bus Stops Serviced By the Suffolk Transit Connection:
For the SBU Transit map and schedule information, please use the following link SBU Transit Map.
Special Transportation Services
Stony Brook University individuals who require Special Transportation Services in order to travel to/from the following Suffolk Transit Connection destinations may request such services through Suffolk County Accessible Transportation (SCAT) Services at (631) 738-1150 (voice) or (631) 981-0104 (TTY);
- NYS Route 25A / Bennetts Road (Setauket)
- NYS Route 25A / Gnarled Hollow Road (East Setauket)
- Port Jefferson Village
- Smith Haven Mall (near Dick's Sporting Goods)
- NYS Route 347 & Hallock Road
- Coventry Mall
For additional information on SBU Transit or the Suffolk Transit Connection, please contact SBU Transit at (631) 632-3741 or (631) 632-6418.