There are many opportunities to get involved in initiatives across the Division, from strategic committee work to working with our Student Affairs Alumni Network!
- Divisional Committees - Strategic Initiatives
Student Safety, Health and Wellness - Chairs: Marisa Bisiani, Ellen Driscoll, Christine Szaraz
Email:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
We are committed to providing a high quality of programs, services, and facilities that promote and support student safety, health and wellness. We work to cultivate a safe and caring environment that encourages personal responsibility and healthy choices.
Quality of Student Life - Chairs: Ric McClendon, Marie Turchiano
We support student development, retention and graduation by advocating for students, fostering campus involvement and civic engagement, and modeling the values of the diversity plan and community pledge through services and programs that provide social, cultural, recreational, academic and leadership development.
Student Experiential Learning and Development - Chairs: Marianna Savoca, Urszula Zalewski
We are committed to providing high quality out-of-classroom experiences. Structured well, these experiences can contribute to student learning and development as well as give students a competitive advantage for career, education, and degree opportunities beyond Stony Brook. Our vision is for every Stony Brook University student to participate in at least one experiential learning activity.
Student Success - Chairs: Catherine-Mary Rivera, Shelley Germana
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
We embrace a vision of success for undergraduate and graduate students that is multi-dimensional, complex and nuanced. We support student success, retention and graduation by providing programs, services and facilities that engage students in their continuous development.
Organization Excellence - Chairs: Ahmed Belazi, Amy Vitale, Samantha Lodato
Emails:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize that through a skilled and passionate workforce, as well as a culture of organizational excellence, we provide the highest quality programs and services to our students and peers. We commit to enhance our practices in resource management to advance our operation and ensure we are excellent, cost-effective and accessible.
- Get Involved with Student Affairs
- Help review submitted nominations and decide on award winners for our annual Convocation and Fred Preston Partnership Awards.
- Day of events - Help with set-up and breakdown of divisional events.
- Summer Celebration Ideas Committee - Help brainstorm ideas and activities for our annual Summer Celebration event.
Lunch with Rick
Meet with the Vice President for Student Affairs in a casual setting to participate in open conversations, share ideas, and provide feedback.
Stony Brook Student Affairs Alumni Network
The Student Affairs Alumni Network aims to accomplish the following:
- Provide networking and mentoring opportunities to current Stony Brook Student Affairs staff and students in the Higher Education Administration program.
- Provide opportunities for current Student Affairs staff to explore and develop additional skills and talents that will expand their knowledge and professional competencies.
- Nurture and develop relationships with former Student Affairs staff to expand the reach and recognition of Stony Brook and its Division of Student Affairs to other educational institutions as well as to other industries where these staff members are employed.
- Assist in the coordination of and participate in hosting receptions, events and other networking programs at professional conferences and workshops (ACPA, NASPA, etc.)
- Develop potential funding sources through these former staff members to support professional development opportunities and programs that will assist current staff in Student Affairs advance their career goals.
How to get involved? Join our Student Affairs @StonyBrookU: Past and Present Facebook Group!
Enjoy some time outside of the office with colleagues! We offer many opportunities to get out and have some fun!
Summer Celebration, Bowling, Winter Celebration, Inter-Departmental Mixers, Tailgates and Sporting Events.