It is our pleasure to welcome visitors to our campus. Please note that visitors are required to follow all Stony Brook University guidelines and policies as outlined in this Visitor Policy document.
We also encourage all visitors to:
- Get Vaccinated: Health experts encourage everyone who is eligible to get vaccinated.
- Monitor Your Health: Visitors, including contractor and vendor employees, should monitor their health daily and do not come to campus if you don't feel well.
- Get Tested: If you have symptoms of COVID-19 , get tested . While waiting for test results , stay away from others. Also see our Visitor FAQ page on the University's Stronger Together website for COVID testing information for non-employees working on campus.
- Mask Mandate: Regardless of your vaccination status, everyone must wear face coverings
while inside University and Hospital buildings. Specifically ...
Until further notice, all faculty, staff, students and visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, must wear face coverings while inside University and Hospital buildings. This includes classrooms, hallways, libraries and other common spaces, as well as SBU buses and shuttles. It also includes the Health Sciences and Basic Sciences Towers, offices in Flowerfield, Tech Park, Ronkonkoma and Commack, and administrative areas within outpatient facilities and physician practices. Face coverings are not required inside personal rooms at residence halls, while eating in on-campus dining areas, within personal offices or in non-public-facing personal workstations. Masks are not required outdoors.
- Practice good hygiene to prevent the spread of viruses.
- Wash your hands using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and water are not available, generously use your hand sanitizer.
- Do not share food/drinks and personal items with anyone.
- Clean all surface areas in your immediate space at least once per day.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (or into your elbow when a tissue is not available) when you cough and sneeze.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.