COVID-19 Latest Information
HOW TO OBTAIN HOME TEST KITS
Tests are available to everyone in the U.S., including the uninsured. Use the links below to learn more about testing and how you can test:
- Community-Based Testing Sites
To find low or no cost testing near you, visitCommunity-Based Testing Sites.
- Tests Delivered to Your Home
Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order a third round of free at-home tests.
- Tests from a Pharmacy or Store
The federal government has directed health insurance providers to cover FDA-authorized at-home COVID-19 Over the Counter (OTC) diagnostic tests.
- More Information on Testing
To learn more, visitTesting for COVID-19.
IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID …
Please see these COVID protocols for all you should know about what to do if you test positive.
While masking is not required on West Campus (except at the Student Health and Counseling Center), the CDC's mask guidelines state that individuals may "wear a mask based on your personal preference, informed by your personal level of risk."
SBM will continue to require surgical masks (tie or ear loop) for ALL healthcare workers while actively engaged in direct, face-to-face patient care at each of our four hospitals, as well as our two cancer centers (Stony Brook Cancer Center and the Phillips Family Cancer Center).
- Wearing masks is encouraged, but not required, for healthcare workers and staff in all other areas of SBM, including our various ambulatory sites.
- Masks will continue to be mandatory for healthcare workers and staff in all operating rooms and procedural areas throughout SBM.
- Patients, visitors and nonclinical staff within all areas of our health system will
be encouraged but not required to wear masks.
The Long Island State Veterans Home will continue to require that all employees, volunteers, students and visitors wear a surgical mask when in a resident or registrant care area.
COVID vaccination continues to be encouraged. You can usevaccines.gov to find a location near you. Employees receiving the vaccine during scheduled work hours can be granted up to a maximum offour hours off from work with pay, per injection.
Contact us at email@example.com