Stony Brook University
Stony Brook University
Middle States Self-Study Timeline
- Selection of the re-accreditation faculty co-chair.
- Develop re-accreditation production calendar
- ALO and Director of Assessment attend the annual MSCHE conference in Philadelphia.
- Formation of the re-accreditation committee structure, including the Accreditation Liaison Committee (ALC) and the MSCHE Steering Committee and MSCHE Working Groups.
- ALC meetings commence.
- MSCHE Steering Committee meetings commence
- Working Group membership invitations; Meetings commence
- Structured response to the 2014 recommendations
- Conduct Stop Gap Analysis of Documentation - April 2019
Fall 2020 and later are approximations
- Midpoint Peer Review - Fall 2020
- Attend Self-Study Institute
- Discussion held with President and Provost regarding Self-Study process
- Attend pre-conference workshops and 2021 MSCHE Annual Conference
- Selection of a self-study process
- Numerous presentations on Middle States made to stakeholders across the campus
- Development of the Self-Study Design Proposal for submission to Middle States
- Visit by Middle States Vice-President
- Approval of Self-Study Design
- Appointment of Work Group chairpersons and members
- ‘Middle States’ web site goes live
Fall 2022 / Spring 2023
- Working groups conduct research in response to questions and submit reports to the Steering Committee
- Middle States Commission selects Chair of the evaluation team
- Chair of the evaluation team and University agree upon dates for the team visit and Chair’s preliminary visit.
- Communication plan continues with combination of face to face meetings, mail communication and posting information on the website.
Self-Study draft completed and distributed for final comments to Steering Committee and key University officials
- Self-Study draft posted on web for campus review
- Governance structure reviews draft Self-Study
- Self-Study draft sent to Chair of the Evaluation Team
- Evaluation Team Chair makes preliminary campus site visit
- University prepares final Self-Study document
Final Self-Study document distributed to Evaluation Team and MSCHE
- Evaluation Team visit
- Evaluation Team report
- University Response
Middle States Commission action