IRPE has responsibilities to:
- assure data quality
- maintain official university statistics
- collect and analyze institutional data for decision support
- conduct research studies on the issues of special interest
- respond to national and international surveys about the institution
- respond to internal and external data requests
News & Announcements
Stony Brook won the People's Choice Award at the 2019 AAU Data Exchange Iron Viz competition at the University of Oregon. Click here to see the winning entry.
A presentation titled " Advancing Social Mobility and Academic Excellence at Stony Brook University" was added (January 13, 2019)
Fall 2018 faculty counts and other statistics were added to the fact book (November 19, 2018)
A presentation titled " Advanced Analytics to Support Student Success" was added (November 13, 2018)
A presentation titled " Data Governance: A Primer" was added (November 13, 2018)
Planning & Effectiveness
The Office of Institutional Research, Planning & Effectiveness supports the University’s efforts in monitoring progress on the Strategic Plan by developing, maintaining, and communicating key metrics.
Five Key Questions for Institutional Effectiveness
- What are we doing?
- Why are we doing it?
- How well are we doing it?
- How do we know?
- How do we use results to improve?