About SBU iCREATE
Innovation, Creation, Engagement in Technology
iCREATE is an area within the Division of Information Technology with stakeholders in CEAS, COB, IREP and Economic Development
The vision of the iCREATE is to provide the ideology and tools for fostering institutional collaborative endeavors sparking creativity, innovation, and ultimately redefining technological boundaries.
The Mission of iCREATE is to establish an on campus physical engagement nexus where campus innovation and creation can be nurtured.
- Provide an environment that fosters engagement, creation and innovation
- Encourage an entrepreneurial mindset amongst the campus community who are poised to be the innovators and leaders of the next generation
- Provide informal learning opportunities through workshops, events and hands-on programs.
- Provide tools/resources for innovation and creation
- Inspire an environment where it’s "OK to Fail"
- Create within the community a common identity and collaboration point that will nurture the talents/expertise of Stony Brook University students, faculty, and staff. As well as partnering with alumni and experts to enhance innovation experience for all.
iCREATE is a part of the Division of Information Technology, supporting its core values of innovation and engagement and has stakeholders/partners from diverse areas such as the College of Business, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, IREP, and VP of Economic Development. Many areas and majors/programs throughout the University community utilize iCREATE services and offerings to further their research, innovation and STEAM goals.
If you are a Stony Brook Alumn, please fill out our survey!
Come join our community of thinkers, creators and innovators.