What We Do
Our current and emerging initiatives have an innovative and strong interdisciplinary focus on health, environment and economic development include:
- Using drones to reach the most vulnerable and unreachable communities in Madagascar;
- Collaborating with Stony Brook University’s Dental School to provide preventive oral health and treatment to Malagasy villagers;
- Propagating understanding of addressing issues in global health through an online course hosted on Coursera.
- Harnessing the power of data to clarify, prioritize and design solutions to the complex problems facing ecosystems, human health and social well-being in Madagascar;
- Building trauma and injury prevention center in partnership with Fianar Medical School in Madagascar.
The Global Health Institute works in close partnership with the Centre ValBio Research Station in Ranomafana, Madagascar. Visit their website here.