The Center for Teaching and Learning in Community, within the School of Professional Development, will work with NYSED to conduct phased evaluations of the development, implementation, and effectiveness of the TRLE, Teaching in Remote/Hybrid Learning Environments program. The TRLE project, begun in August 2020, with funding under the US Department of Education's Education Stabilization Fund-Rethink K12 Education Models Grants (ESF-REM), seeks to build the capacity of teachers and educational leaders to effectively implement remote/ hybrid learning for all students.
The short-term goal of TRLE is to help teachers and educational leaders address the urgent need for quality remote/hybrid instruction during the pandemic. The long-term goal of TRLE is to build statewide capacity for further development of remote and hybrid instruction with and within traditional learning environments. We are excited to bring what our educational community has learned during the pandemic to bear on our work with NYSED to effectively implement remote/hybrid learning for all students.
Throughout the three phases of the program, evaluation will include documentation and review of action-research, and documentation and review of program implementation, including the development, implementation and evaluation of a NYS Framework for Quality Remote/Hybrid Teaching (“QRT Framework”) and competency-based professional learning experiences (PLEs).
Objective and PRIORITY AREAS
The primary objective of the CTLC’s evaluation team will be to drive continuous improvement across the state, while working with key program partners to build capacity around priority areas:
- Shifting to Teaching Online
- Engaging Families as Partners in Remote/ Hybrid Learning
- Meeting the Needs of SWDs through Remote/ Hybrid Learning
- Meeting the Needs of ELLs/MLLs through Remote/ Hybrid Learning
- Integrating Culturally-Responsive Sustaining Education (CRSE) in Remote Learning Environments
- Integrating Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in Remote Learning Environments
- Find TRLE Professional Development opportunities and more resources from NYSED
- Participate in a focus group or interview with us
- Earn a microcredential related to this grant, and earn CTLE credit
- PLE Participant Data Dashboard
- Initial (2020-21) Teacher Reflection Survey Analysis – Coming soon