Did You Know...
...that child care is available for your child on the Stony Brook University campus?
The center is nationally accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs, which means it has voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study and invited external review to verify compliance with the academy's criteria for high-quality early childhood programs.
The criteria for accreditation include:
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions among adults and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children's age and development, such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up, and active outdoor play.
- Highly trained early childhood teachers
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many varied age-appropriate materials
- A healthy and safe environment for children
- Nutritious meals and/or snacks
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
- Effective administration
- On-going, systematic evaluation
Join the team at Stony Brook Child Care!
Your Gift Today is Tomorrow's Dream Fulfilled.
Online Giving - Click the "Make a Gift" button to donate to SBCCSI using Stony Brook University's online donation website. The University promises to protect your personal information and uses advanced encryption for your safety.Or, use the "Donate Now" button where the gift and information go directly to SBCCSI.
Mail a Gift - Please download, print, and complete our Pledge Card and return your tax deductible gift to:
Stony Brook Child Care Services, Inc.
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-4000
Thank you for your donation to Stony Brook Child Care Services.
Stony Brook Child Care Assistance Fund
Through our fundraising efforts, we have been able to provide financial assistance for at least 20 families each year and we hope to continue to support this number of families next year. The financial help they receive enables these parents to pursue their graduate education by providing a safe and nurturing environment for their children during the day. For more information about the Stony Brook Child Care Assistance Fund click here
If you would like to contribute to the Stony Brook Child Care Assistance Fund, donations can be made via Paypal (using a credit card or Paypal account) or via check. All donations to the Stony Brook Child Care Assistance Fund go directly toward underwriting the tuition for these families in the Stony Brook University community.