Did You Know...
...that child care is available for your child on the Stony Brook University campus?
The center is nationally accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs, which means it has voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study and invited external review to verify compliance with the academy's criteria for high-quality early childhood programs.
The criteria for accreditation include:
- Frequent, positive, warm interactions among adults and children
- Planned learning activities appropriate to children's age and development, such as block building, painting, reading stories, dress-up, and active outdoor play.
- Highly trained early childhood teachers
- Enough adults to respond to individual children
- Many varied age-appropriate materials
- A healthy and safe environment for children
- Nutritious meals and/or snacks
- Regular communication with parents who are welcome visitors at all times
- Effective administration
- On-going, systematic evaluation
Join the team at Stony Brook Child Care!