Student Success Resources
The School of Professional Development is committed to supporting the academic and career achievements of our students. We know that most SPD students work full time while pursuing their degree or certificate, and we recognize the challenges that can bring. Through partnerships with faculty and staff from other campus offices, we have assembled a number of support programs designed to provide students with the resources and skills they need to accomplish their goals.
This is an evolving list — if you have a recommendation for a training or resource that you think will benefit other SPD graduate students, please let us know!
Workshops and Events
SPD's Student Success Series offers webinars, workshops and events designed help our students make the most of their Stony Brook experience. The following events have been scheduled for this term, with more to come.
- New Student Orientation Webinars
- Online Learning Orientation — Webinar hosted by SPD Online
- Research Skills— Online workshop delivered by instructional librarians
- Citation Skills— Online workshop delivered by instructional librarians
- Java and Your Job Search — Higher Education Administration students can meet the director of the Career Center over Starbucks
- Job Market Update and the SBU Career Center— Webinar with Dr. Alfreda James
- SHRM Student Chapter Launch – On-campus and online
Get the details: Student Success Series »
We have worked with campus librarians to develop a special library guide containing research tips and resources cultivated specifically for SPD students. »SPD Library Guide
As a Stony Brook University student, you have access to many technology resources, including free and discounted software, email accoutns, file storage, ePortfolio space and more. Get the details on the Student IT Guide website.
SPD gratefully acknowledges the support of our Stony Brook partners who provide excellent service to our students.