Senior Auditing Program
Adults who are 60 years of age or older may audit most New York State-funded, credit-bearing courses offered at Stony Brook during the Fall and Spring terms, on a space available basis and subject to permission of instructor. The exceptions to this policy include:
- foreign language and English literature courses, including programs at Southampton;
- laboratory courses, studio art courses, online courses, physical education courses, and instrumental music courses;
- Health Sciences Center courses;
- courses offered in self-supporting non-credit programs sponsored by the School of Professional Development, Crafts Center, Museum of Long Island Natural Sciences, and Division of Physical Education and Athletics, among others.
Please note that other, technology-related restrictions will be in effect, including no access to:
- campus email accounts
- online library services
Senior Auditing Fees Policy
There is a $50.00 registration fee (per course). This registration fee provides:
- attendance in one course, without credit, formal recognition, or the meeting of any of the course requirements (subject to permission of instructor);
- Campus ID Card usage; and
- library circulation privileges.
How To Register
In order to register, you must attend a senior auditing registration session.
A list of courses will be made available on the day of registration only.
Senior Auditing Registration takes place in the Social & Behavioral Sciences Building, from 10 am to 2 pm, on the first Wednesday of the semester. » View the academic calendar.
If you have any questions, please contact the OLLI office at 631-632-OLLI (6554).