Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook receives second endowment
With the help of many dedicated OLLI members who volunteer their time and efforts to make OLLI at Stony Brook one of the finest lifelong learning programs in the nation, director Wayne Holo and the OLLI Advisory Board are pleased to announce that the Bernard Osher Foundation, the "architect" of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute program, has awarded a second endowment to the Stony Brook Foundation to support the University's OLLI program.
For more information about this gift, visit the University's "Happenings" website and read the article, "University Receives Grant to Enhance Lifelong Learning Opportunities".
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Summer 2017 Information
With the end of the Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 OLLI session, many members are looking for summer activities to do with their OLLI friends. If you are one of those members, consider joining us for OLLI's Summer, 2017 session.
- Workshops will be offered Monday - Thursday, 10:00 am - 2:15 pm for 4 weeks beginning June 5 and ending June 29.
- The office has reserved spacious, air-conditioned rooms in the Javits Lecture Center, Psychology Bldg, and the Social and Behavioral Sciences Bldg (SBS).
There is no registration required. Link to the printable schedule and workshop catalog below.
- Summer Workshop Schedule 2017 - Download this 1 page schedule to confirm workshop days, times, rooms and workshop leaders. (PDF)
- Summer Bulletin 2017 - This 6 page printable catalog includes workshop descriptions. (PDF)
- NOTE: As this is a multi-page document, the OLLI Bulletin is created and published just once at the start of each term. Unlike our workshop schedule, the bulletin is not updated as changes are made to workshop offerings. Printed versions are available in the OLLI office.
Fall 2017 Information
Fall 2017 Workshops
Workshop Leaders who have not yet completed their application can contact the office for more information.
Other Helpful links:
- OLLI Classroom Buildings Map - find SBS, SAC, Library, Javits, Humanities buildings and more. (PDF)