Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook receives second endowment
With the help of many dedicated OLLI members who volunteer their time and efforts to make OLLI at Stony Brook one of the finest lifelong learning programs in the nation, director Wayne Holo and the OLLI Advisory Board are pleased to announce that the Bernard Osher Foundation, the "architect" of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute program, has awarded a second endowment to the Stony Brook Foundation to support the University's OLLI program.
For more information about this gift, visit the University's "Happenings" website and read the article, "University Receives Grant to Enhance Lifelong Learning Opportunities".
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Summer 2017 Information
Summer 2017 Workshop Leader Applications now available
Interested in leading a workshop this summer? For the month of June OLLI will offer 4 week "mini" workshops beginning Monday, June 5 and ending Thursday, June 29 from 10:00am to 2:15pm daily.
This is a great opportunity if you would like to offer a shorter version of your workshop, continue your workshop from Spring to compensate for missed sessions, or test a new workshop you might like to offer in the future. New workshop leaders are especially encouraged to participate!
To get started, just pick up a copy of the one page application in the OLLI Office or click on the link below to download from home. Complete the application and return it to the office.
- Summer 2017 Workshop Leader Application - Download and fill out this one page application if you are an OLLI member and interested in leading a "mini"-workshop this summer. Just follow the instructions on the application, complete it and return it to the OLLI office.
Fall 2017 Information
Fall 2017 Workshops
For those who have not yet completed their application, the online form will be available for a limited time.
- Fall 2017 Online Workshop Leader Application - Fill out this application if you are an OLLI member and interested in leading a Fall 2017 workshop.
Other Helpful links:
- OLLI 2017-2018 Elections: Candidate Biographies - Get to know the candidates running for next year's Advisory Board
- Spring Break Workshop Schedule 2017 - This schedule lists and highlights all of these changes including any workshops that were cancelled for spring break. (PDF)
- Spring 2017 Workshop Schedule - Download this 2 page schedule to confirm workshop days, times, rooms and workshop leaders. (PDF)
- OLLI Classroom Buildings Map - find SBS, SAC, Library, Javits, Humanities buildings and more. (PDF)