The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Fall 2016 Information
To make the fall registration process just a little bit simpler, we are offering 3 weeks to register and offering two separate registration events:
- 2016-2017 Membership Registration: Monday, July 18 - Sunday, July 24, memberships and fees ONLY (no workshops), $325 includes 2016-2017 fall/spring/summer programs
- Workshop Registration: Monday, July 25 - Friday, August 5.
The Fall 2016 online course catalog will be ready soon. Printable versions of the schedule and the member bulletin will also be on our website for you to download and print before Online Registration begins. Watch for another email announcing the date this information will be available.
Office staff and registration volunteers will be answering phone calls during normal business hours throughout the registration period, Monday through Friday, to help you with your registration-related questions. Please be patient and we will try to answer every call as quickly as possible. If you need to leave voice messages, please keep them as brief as possible, speak clearly, and include your first and last name and a phone number where we can reach you.
OLLI Phone Numbers: 631-632-OLLI (6554) or 631-632-7063
To avoid the anticipated high call volume and walk-in office traffic during the online registration dates, we recommend that you prepare early and TEST YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION USERNAME AND PASSWORD NOW! Sign in at https://www.campusce.net/stonybrook/account/signin.aspx
On-site registration labs: 9 sessions
Office staff and volunteers will be available for 2 hours on each of the following days in SBS-N123 to work with those who need a little help with the online registration process. These on-site registration labs allow you to sit down at one of our computers with a helper to guide you through your registration.
- Tuesday, 10AM-12NOON (July 19th, July 26th, August 2nd)
- Wednesday, 10AM-12NOON (July 20th, July 27th, August 3rd)
- Thursday, 10AM-12NOON (July 21st, July 28th, August 4th)
More Fall 2016 Dates
Workshops for Fall 2016 are scheduled to begin on
- Thanksgiving break will be Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25 (no workshops).
- The Fall 2016 session will end on Friday, December 9.
OLLI Board Elections Results 2016-2017
This year elections were held in the OLLI Round Table Lounge, SBS Room S104, April 25 through 29. Results of the election are as follows:
- Bob Mirman - President-Elect
- Paul Taub - Secretary
- Diane Druckman and Jothi Curcio - Members-at-Large
- OLLI Classroom Buildings Map - find SBS, SAC, Library, Javits, Humanities buildings and more (PDF)
Summer 2016 Information
Summer workshops require no registration. Just show up and find a seat! This summer's offerings run Monday through Thursday beginning Monday, June 6 and ending Thursday, June 30. Click the link below to view and download a schedule.
- OLLI June Workshops - This daily schedule of June workshops includes workshop title, start/end time, workshop leader, dates offered, and classroom, 3 pages (PDF)