The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Winter Storm Information
Sunday, March 1st, 2015 - 8:30pm - OLLI Workshop delay for Monday 3/2/2015
Due to freezing temperatures and unsafe accumulations of snow and ice, all OLLI workshops and events scheduled to be held prior to 11:30 am tomorrow, Monday, March 2nd, 2015 are canceled.
Sunday, March 1st, 2015 - 6:15pm - Winter Storm Warning
The University Police - Office of Emergency Management is closely watching the forecast for the next 24 hours. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning which is in effect from 3pm today until 7:00 am Monday. Expect to see the following:
-4-7 inches of snow
-A glaze to a tenth of an inch of ice
-Low visibility and temperatures
Visit the SB Advisories and SB Alert webpages on the Stony Brook University Emergency Operations Center website for the latest information regarding storm related closures. When classes at the University are canceled, workshops at OLLI will also be canceled.
Spring 2015 OLLI "Open" Workshop Registration is CLOSED
- Open Registration - Online registration for workshops is CLOSED effective 9:00 AM Friday, February 13. The names of members who added or dropped workshops during the Open Registration period have been compiled and emailed to the workshop leaders whose workshops were affected.
First day of workshops: Monday, February 16
- Workshops for Spring 2015 were scheduled to begin on Monday, February 16 and ending on Friday, May 8. After the experience last winter with blizzards, icy roads, and cancelled workshops, OLLI will begin our Spring Semester a little bit later than usual. We hope this will reduce lost days for bad weather at startup.
- OLLI's Spring 2015 semester will be 12 consecutive weeks. There will be no break during the university's spring break (Monday, March 16 - Friday, March 20). This allows OLLI to finish its Spring Semester before the university begins final exams on May 11.
Spring 2015 Workshop Catalogs/Schedule
- Spring 2015 Bulletin - Includes workshop descriptions, 25 pages (PDF)
- Spring 2015 Workshop Schedule - Lists workshops by day and time, 2 pages (PDF)
- Online Course Catalog - The most current, up-to-date, searchable online information containing all active OLLI workshops and special events.
- Spring 2015 Open Seats Workshop List - Open registration is closed. Once workshops are in session, open seats are only assigned per the instructor's discretion.
OLLI Events Calendar
nicollsroad - OLLI's new literary review - now online
The Arts Council is pleased to announce publication of nicollsroad, OLLI's very own literary review. Visit the Arts Council webpage to learn more and view the Spring 2014 review.