The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Fall 2016 Information
Registration for OLLI Fall 2016 is complete, the allocation (lottery) is finished and workshop lottery results were emailed Friday, August 16 to all registered members. The OLLI staff would like to extend a very warm welcome to all of our new members and welcome back to our returning members!
A few words about the registration lottery process
With the lottery, members register for their favorite workshops knowing that it is unlikely they will get every workshop requested, especially when requesting seats for the most popular workshops. The OLLI staff hopes that the workshops you are assigned provide you with the foundation for a fun and enriching Fall 2016 semester at OLLI. Workshops begin this fall on Thursday, September 22 and end on Friday, December 9. We will look forward to seeing you soon!
OLLI Phone Numbers: 631-632-OLLI (6554) or 631-632-7063
After the lottery there are always some workshops that still have open seats. The OLLI office will offer an Open Registration for these workshops on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Tuesday, August 20 at 12:00 PM (noon). We encourage any member that is looking for one or two more workshops to round out their weekly schedule to participate. Watch for an announcement in your email and a link on this web page to the Open Registration Workshop Roster.
Course Catalog and Schedule
Below are links to the current semester's printable version of the open registration schedule, catalog (bulletin), the complete printable workshop schedule, and the online course catalog. These links can also be found on the OLLI website's Home page and Registration page. If you are unable to print from home, copies of the printable documents will be available in the OLLI office for you to pick up during normal business hours.
- Open Registration Schedule - List of workshops with open seats remaining after lottery is run (PDF, revised 9/21/2016)
- Fall 2016 Bulletin - Includes workshop descriptions, 28 pages (PDF)
- Fall 2016 Workshop Schedule - Lists workshop by day and time, 2 pages (PDF, revised 9/21/2016)
- Online Course Catalog - The most current, up-to-date, searchable online information containing all active OLLI workshops and special events.
More Fall 2016 Dates
Workshops for Fall 2016 are scheduled to begin on
- The Fall 2016 session will begin on Thursday, September 22.
- Thanksgiving break will be Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25 (no workshops).
- The Fall 2016 session will end on Friday, December 9.