Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook receives second endowment
With the help of many dedicated OLLI members who volunteer their time and efforts to make OLLI at Stony Brook one of the finest lifelong learning programs in the nation, director Wayne Holo and the OLLI Advisory Board are pleased to announce that the Bernard Osher Foundation, the "architect" of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute program, has awarded a second endowment to the Stony Brook Foundation to support the University's OLLI program.
For more information about this gift, visit the University's "Happenings" website and read the article, "University Receives Grant to Enhance Lifelong Learning Opportunities".
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Spring 2018 Information
In anticipation of ongoing snow removal efforts on campus and throughout the region, all OLLI workshops, meetings or activities that begin prior to 11:30 AM this morning, Thursday, March 8th are canceled.
All members are encouraged to check their email for cancellations from their workshop leaders and committee chairs. Workshop leaders or committee chairs who decide to cancel their activities are asked to please copy the office at email@example.com.
Schedules and Catalogs:
- Online Course Catalog - The most current, up-to-date, searchable online information containing all active OLLI workshops and special events.
- Spring 2018 Workshop Schedule -2 page PDF Schedule of current workshop offerings
- Spring 2018 Bulletin - Includes workshop descriptions, workshop leader names and biographies
- Spring Session Dates - The Spring 2018 session began on Monday, February 19 and will end on Friday, May 4.
- Spring Break - Spring break will be Monday, March 12 through Friday, March 16 (No Workshops).
Other Helpful Links:
- OLLI Classroom Buildings Map - find SBS, SAC, Library, Javits, Humanities buildings and more. (PDF)
- Priority Registration FAQ - What is Priority Registration? Why should I prioritize my workshops? How do I do it? Get the answers to these and other questions. (PDF)
- OLLI Office phone numbers - 631.632.OLLI (6554) or 631.632.7063
- Send email to OLLI - firstname.lastname@example.org