Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook receives second endowment
With the help of many dedicated OLLI members who volunteer their time and efforts to make OLLI at Stony Brook one of the finest lifelong learning programs in the nation, director Wayne Holo and the OLLI Advisory Board are pleased to announce that the Bernard Osher Foundation, the "architect" of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute program, has awarded a second endowment to the Stony Brook Foundation to support the University's OLLI program.
For more information about this gift, visit the University's "Happenings" website and read the article, "University Receives Grant to Enhance Lifelong Learning Opportunities".
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Stony Brook University (formerly the Round Table) is open to all retired and semi-retired individuals who are interested in expanding their intellectual horizons in a university setting. Avenues for participation include: peer-taught workshops, lectures, special events, committees, and social activities.
This program is administered by Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development.
Fall 2017 Information
OLLI Registration - Fall 2017
BIGGER ROOMS! MORE SEATS! SMALLER WAIT LISTS!
Once again the staff has been busy since last week searching for classrooms for OLLI workshops in the Registrar's pool and securing reservations for those rooms through the University's online "25Live" classroom reservations system. Thanks to some good luck, some generous volunteer workshop leaders who were willing to move their regular workshop days and times, plus a few new room opportunities, it's beginning to look like the long days and extra work is going to pay off.
HELP!! Lots of room changes!
We are still doing some last minute room "shuffling" while continuing to work with workshop leaders to maximize our enrollment effort and reduce our wait lists. PLEASE be sure to check the schedule and the online course catalog often. We expect more room changes before workshops begin on Monday, so take a little extra time to make sure you know where your workshops are being held before you arrive. Links to both of these schedule resources can be found below.
Also, your Member Relations and Support Committee will be hosting an information desk in the lobby of the SBS building near the OLLI office to help members with directions and workshop schedules.
This fall we have a LOT of REALLY GREAT workshops to offer that still have open seats! The OLLI office will offer an Open Registration for these workshops on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Friday, September 21 at 12:00 PM (noon). We encourage any member that is looking for one or two more workshops to round out their weekly schedule to participate. Be sure to check them out. You can link to the Open Registration Schedule below.
- Fall 2017 Workshop Schedule - Lists workshop by day and time, 2 pages (PDF)
- Fall 2017 Open Registration Schedule - Open Registration begins Thur., Sept. 21 at 12:00 PM. Lists Workshops with open seats (PDF)
- Online Course Catalog - The most current, up-to-date, searchable online information containing all active OLLI workshops and special events.
Remember to also visit the OLLI Events Calendar for a quick review of upcoming, important dates at OLLI. When visiting the OLLI Events Calendar, be sure to click on each calendar event to see details.
- Fall Session Start/End Dates: The Fall 2017 session will begin on Monday, September 25 and end on Friday, December 8.
- Thanksgiving: Thanksgiving break will be Monday, November 20 through Friday, November 24 (no workshops).
- Classrooms Availability: Room assignments in the catalog and schedule are currently listed as "TBA" (To Be Announced). With so many of our classrooms this fall coming from the Registrar's classroom pool, assignments will not be completed until after the university semester begins. Watch for an update on room assignments in week 2 of September once OLLI's room reservations are confirmed. The Online Course Catalog, Workshop Schedule, and your workshop leaders will be updated on final room assignments at this time.
- OLLI Phone Numbers: 631-632-OLLI (6554) or 631-632-7063
More information to follow
Watch for more Fall 2017 information to be emailed to members soon and keep checking this website.
Other Helpful links: