What You Need To Know for Spring
- Students who have forgotten their SOLAR password can use the automated password retrieval feature. Go to the SOLAR
System log-in page, click the SOLAR log-in button, and then click the "SOLAR Password Help" link toward the bottom of the page.
- For more SOLAR tips and training, visit the DoIT Knowledge Database.
- Many SPD courses use SOLAR's waitlist process and students should know about it before they enroll.
- Students who need information regarding program requirements should contact an Academic
Advisor prior to enrollment.
Tuition and Billing Information
- The Spring term begins on January 27 for both on-campus and online courses. Students must enroll before this date to avoid a late registration fee.
- HEA Manhattan students should follow their cohort's schedule.
- The last day to add an online course is January 31.
- Our Academic Calendar page links to the SPD and Registrar calendars and also displays our Google Calendar, which can be downloaded to your portable device.
- The last day to drop a course without tuition liability is February 2.
Research and Citation Skills Webinars
All SPD students—new and returning—are encouraged to participate in the following webinars hosted by the University librarians, but HEA students are required to register and participate.
SPD's student success series offers these and other webinars and events. »View upcoming programs
Accessing Your SBU Email Account
In an effort to improve the reliability of electronic communication, Stony Brook University is implementing a policy that will apply to all members of the community. Students, faculty, and staff will be responsible for receiving and reading official University communications at their primary campus email address (@stonybrook.edu) instead of any other address that they may have used in the past. Students may forward their Stony Brook mail to a personal email account that they read regularly.
» How to Access Google Mail