What You Need To Know for Fall
- Fall 2014 course listings and descriptions are available on this website and on SOLAR.
- Please be sure to check the Action Center in SOLAR to make sure there are no holds that will prevent you from enrolling.
- A $50.00 late registration fee applies to all students who are not enrolled in at least one course before August 25, 2014. This includes students enrolling in Manhattan and West Campus classes.
- Students who have forgotten their SOLAR password can use the automated password retrieval feature. Go to the SOLAR
System log-in page, click the SOLAR log-in button, and then click the "SOLAR Password Help" link toward the bottom of the page.
- Many SPD courses use SOLAR's waitlist process and students should know about it before they enroll.
- Students who need information regarding program requirements should contact an Academic
Advisor prior to enrollment.
Tuition and Billing Information
- Tuition and billing information can be found on the Bursar's website beginning on July 15.
- You will not be mailed a bill, but can find and pay your personal tuition bill in SOLAR. To avoid a late fee, please pay your bill (or sign up for the Time Option Payment Plan) before the due date. View the Billing Policy on the Bursar's Website.
- The Fall term begins on August 25 for both on-campus and online courses. Students must enroll before this date to avoid a late registration fee.
- The Bursar Office (254 Administration Building) will have special Sunday hours on August 24, from 10:00AM – 2:00PM. This office issues Stony Brook Identification cards and parking permits (for those who park on campus before 4:00PM). The Office resumes begins weekday hours on Monday, August 25.
- HEA Manhattan students should follow their cohort's schedule.
- The last day to add an online course is August 29.
- Our Academic Calendar page links to the SPD and Registrar calendars and also displays our Google Calendar, which can be downloaded to your portable device.
- The last day to drop a course without tuition liability is August 31.
New Student Orientation, Online Learning and Research Webinars
New to SPD? Sign up for one of our orientation webinars and get the information you need to start off right. If you can't attend the webinar at the specified date and time, send us an email and we will send you a link to the recorded session.
- The Higher Education Administration program orientation webinars for HEA Manhattan students will be held on July 14. »Details and Registration
- The Human Resource Management orientation webinars will be held on August 5 and 7. »Details and Registration
- The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies orientation webinar will be held on August 6 and 11. »Details and Registration
- The Educational Leadership Program orientation webinar will held on August 14. »Details and Registration
- The Advanced Graduate Certificate programs webinar will be held on August 7. »Details and Registration
- The Online Learning Orientation, which provides an overview and advice for online learners, will be held on August 20 and 21.
» Details and Registration
All SPD students—new and returning—are encouraged to participate in the following webinars hosted by the University librarians.
SPD's student success series offers these and other webinars and events. »View upcoming programs
Accessing Your SBU Email Account
In an effort to improve the reliability of electronic communication, Stony Brook University is implementing a policy that will apply to all members of the community. Students, faculty, and staff will be responsible for receiving and reading official University communications at their primary campus email address (@stonybrook.edu) instead of any other address that they may have used in the past. Students may forward their Stony Brook mail to a personal email account that they read regularly.
» How to Access Google Mail