HEALTHIER U AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
PROGRAM MISSION AND PURPOSE
To integrate the missions of Stony Brook University and Stony Brook Medicine to provide
an innovative wellness program for all employees, designed to address the total well-being:
mind, body and spirit. This program will educate, encourage and empower our employees
to make healthy decisions and lifestyle choices, while enhancing our sense of community
and culture of health and wellness.
- To serve as a liaison to the Healthier U Executive Committee by:
- Supporting the mission of Healthier U
- Promoting health and wellness among faculty and staff at Stony Brook
- Sharing information about programs, activities, and resources with your department,
co-workers and colleagues
- Providing Healthier U with departmental wishes/ideas
- Market and publicize Healthier U activities and programs on campus.
- Recruit faculty and staff to participate in Healthier U programs and activities.
- Direct faculty and staff to Healthier U resources.
- Participate in Healthier U programs and activities.
- Identify potential ideas, strategies & programs for enhancing wellness.
- Provide feedback to the Healthier U Executive Committee.
AS A HEALTHIER U AMBASSADOR YOU CAN....
- Support the promotion of health and wellness among faculty and staff at Stony Brook.
- Serve as a liaison to the Healthier U Executive Committee; sharing information about
Healthier U programs, activities, and resources with your colleagues.
- Provide feedback to the Healthier U Executive Committee. Identify potential ideas,
strategies & programs for enhancing wellness.
- Receive Healthier U T-shirt and goody bag.
- Form relationships with others across campus who share your passion for wellness.
- Be an active participant in fostering a culture of “wellness” on campus.
- Recognition for service as a Healthier U Ambassador.
HOW TO JOIN
- Must be enthusiastic about promoting health and wellness in the workplace and being
a catalyst for culture change.
- Voluntary role with a minimal time commitment.
- Approval from supervisor and department heads to distribute Healthier U information.
- Initial training during program kick off.
- Attend 1 hour orientation/training bi-annually.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 631-632-2945 for more information.