People with Disabilities
Who I Am
“Who I Am” PSA features nine real people with disabilities. Rather than be defined by disability, these individuals are the sum of their many life roles — which includes working in jobs they love. To learn more about the Campaign for Disability Employment, go to whatcanyoudocampaign.org.
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
You can update your status on SOLAR or fill out the form and submit it to The Office of Equity and Access (email: OEA@stonybrook.edu).
- JAN - Disability Etiquette in Recruitment, Interview and Workplace
- EARN - Basic understanding of disability etiquette
- Webinar - JAN's Disability Awareness to Increase Your Comfort, Confidence, and Competence
- What Can You Do Campaign
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN)
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)