Maria Geffen, University of Pennsylvania
Michelle Burbea Hoffman, The Chicago Biomedical Consortium
Abigail Person, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Stella Tsirka, Stony Brook University - Dept of Pharmacological Sciences
Joseph Castellano, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Long-Jun Wu, Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine
(CANCELLED) Gregg Recanzone, University of California Davis
Center for Neuroscience
Xin Duan, University of California, San Francisco
(CANCELLED) Florian Engert, Harvard University
News & Announcements
2023 Hartman Applications: Applications are now being accepted. A call for proposals has been issued. The deadline is May 29, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact Catherine Costanzo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
FACULTY OPENINGS - We have two openings for faculty positions in our department! Stay tuned for more information.
- One opening is in the area of Computational Neuroscience / NeuroAI at the Assistant or Associate professor level. See here for the application link and details! Deadline Dec 15.
- The other opening is a SUNY Empire Innovation Program tenured/tenure-track (open rank) position, with candidates studying movement, movement disorders and neurodegeneration relying on animal models and optical approaches especially encouraged to apply! Details and application link here. Deadline Dec 9.
04/10/2023 - Our annual Mind Brain Lecture series welcomes professor Emery N. Brown, M.D., Ph.D. from MIT to speak on "Deciphering the Dynamics of the Unconscious Brain Under General Anesthesia."
03/13/2023 - 03/19/2023 - Brain Awareness Week has returned! This year, we will be visiting a variety of libraries and organizations to educate children, teenagers, and adults on essential neuroscience hot topics. Come check us out at the following locations from March 13th 2023 - March 19th 2023.
- Sachem Public Library: 3/13 @6pm on Emotions/mental health & hygiene (Teen Program)
- Emma S. Clark Memorial Library: 3/14 @2pm on Neurobiology of Sleep (Adult Program)
- The Smithtown Library: 3/14 @5pm on Movement (Children 8-12)
- Middle Country Public Library: 3/16 @7:30pm on Memory & emotions (Adult)
- Garden Farmer's Market at Daisy Gardens: 3/18 @10-2pm Table with Demonstrations (Open to all!)
- Explorium at Port Jefferson: 3/19 @1-4PM Table with Demonstrations (Open to all!)
11/15/2022 - Applications for our Fall 2022 BRITE (Bolstering Research through Inclusion,
Talent and Excellence) Postdoctoral Seminar Series are now closed. Congratulations
to our selected speakers:
- November 10, Angelica Torres-Berrio, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
- November 17, Lindsay Sailer, Cornell University
- December 8, Rose Creed, UC San Francisco
10/07/2022 - It's time for our Hartman Symposium for Parkinson's research! Check out the latest research! We feature Keynote Speaker Dr. David Sulzer from Columbia University. You can download the flyer here.
9/20/2022 - We are excited to invite you to the Parkinson's Research Symposium on October 7th featuring Keynote Speaker Dr. David Sulzer from Columbia University. You can download the flyer here and register for the meeting here: bit.ly/hartmancenters
9/16/2022 - Group photo of the Department of Neurobiology and Behavior at our recent retreat at the Old Field Club! Thanks to all our speakers and presenters, and our keynote speaker and former NBB faculty Dr. Joe Fetcho!