- Consulting Services
- Industry Employment & Partnership Opportunities
- Workforce Development & Training
- Support Long Island Businesses
- How to Work with Us
- Events & Publications
Frequently Asked Questions
The MTRC is New York State’s only campus-based Manufacturing Extension Partnership Center (MEP) serving biotechnology and manufacturing firms on Long Island—and we offer so much more than a standard MEP.
The MTRC helps companies assess their needs, define projects, and match them with experts for: technology assistance, research and development, prototyping, workforce training and process improvement, as well as the adoption and evaluation of new manufacturing equipment.
Manufacturing companies are complex. In order to succeed, companies need strong skills in organization and leadership, supply chain, planning and distribution, manufacturing processes, and managing productivity, quality, information and data. At small- and medium-sized firms, it might be challenging to manage all of those needs in-house. The MTRC can supply talented resources, direction, and in some cases, even funding to assist a manufacturer with short and long-term project needs.
- Grow your business
- Improve productivity, including Lean and Continuous Improvement
- Resolve quality and ISO issues, including training and certification
- Provide workforce development training
- Optimize capacity, cycle time reduction, and on-time delivery
- Control costs and enhance capacity
- Spark innovation
- Implement environmental programs
The MTRC gives you access to all of the Centers at Stony Brook University, as well the following partner resources:
- Suffolk County Community College
- Nassau County Community College
- Farmingdale State College
- Nassau and Suffolk BOCES
- Workforce Investment Boards
- Workforce Development Institute
- Empire State Development
- IDAs and other local economic development organizations
- Private consulting and training organizations
If you need access to a resource but don’t see it listed here, the MTRC can work with you to get you the support you need.
For a no cost consultation and evaluation of your company's need contact us at (631) 216-7129 or email us at MTRC@stonybrook.edu.
There is no fee paid to MTRC. When you work with the MTRC, we’ll assess your project’s needs and propose a solution involving one of our partners. If you choose to engage in a project, the company is responsible for a portion of the proposed budget of that project. Each project is unique and the percentage the company would be responsible for will vary accordingly. We will also help you explore additional grant opportunities to help offset any costs.
Possibly. Please check our funding opportunities page for eligibility or reach out to us at (631) 216-7129 or email us at MTRC@stonybrook.edu. An MTRC representative will be able to discuss your options.