In 2022, Stony Brook University made the important decision to invest in deepening its connection with service and the community. With full support from President Maurie McInnis, the Center for Service Learning and Community Service was launched as an entity of the Stony Brook University Career Center. The Center for Service Learning and Community Service supports the Career Center’s mission of educating students and alumni about career development and industry options, preparing students and alumni for experiential learning, and connecting hiring organizations to our diverse student and alumni talent.
To create and sustain partnerships between the university and community organizations that support our outreach and public service mission, produce global citizens, and improve lives of the underserved.
Stony Brook University will become a trusted and integral partner of our local, regional, national, and global communities to address societal issues and contribute to the public good through research, teaching, and service.
- We promote responsible public engagement
- We value experiential learning
- We are relationship builders
- We believe in inclusivity of diverse populations and global perspectives
- We embrace continuous growth and learning
- We strive to be leaders and changemakers within our communities