Stony Brook University Annual Campus Fire Prevention Day
Fire safety education is an effective method of reducing the occurrence of fires, loss of life and destruction of property. The Stony Brook University Fire Marshals will be hosting our annual campus fire prevention day on Wednesday September 24th, 2014. One of our recent additions was developed to reduce cooking related fire alarms on campus. We have joined forces with Campus Dining to provide educational workshops for our students and conduct live cooking demonstrations from an Executive Chef, focusing on cooking safety. Other programs include demonstrations from local volunteer fire departments, Underwriters labs, Simplex Grinnell, University Police, Environmental Health & Safety and the MTA Police department. Guests will also have the opportunity to practice using a fire extinguisher to extinguish a fire.
- Schedule of Events for Campus Fire Safety Month
- Learn Fire Safety Tips to Prevent Fires
- View Pictures from the Live Fire Demo
- View Pictures from the Fire Prevention Expo 2012
- NYS Legislative Resolution signed by Governor Cuomo
- Campus Firewatch