- Baier, A. (1994). Trust and Antitrust,” “Trust and Its Vulnerabilities.” In Moral Prejudices: Essays on Ethics. Cambridge: Harvard University Pr.
- Bailey, T. (2002). “On Trust and Philosophy.” BBC Reith Lectures, http://www.open2.net/trust/on_trust/on_trust9.htm
- Barber, B. (1983). The Logic and Limits of Trust. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
- Crease, Robert P. "The Paradox of Trust in Science," Physics World March 2004: 18. (.pdf download)
- Gelvin, M. (2000). Truth and the Comedic Art (Albany: SUNY Press).
- Grim, P. (1997). "Undecidability in the Spatialized Prisoner's Dilemma," Theory and Decision, 42, 53-80.
____. (1996) "Spatialization and Greater Generosity in the Stochastic Prisoner's Dilemma," BioSystems, 37, 3-17.
____. (1995) "The Greater Generosity of the Spatialized Prisoner's Dilemma," Journal of Theoretical Biology, 173, 353-359.
- Grim, P., G. Mar and P. St. Denis (1998), The Philosophical Computer, MIT Press 1998, chs 4, 5, 6.
- Hollis, M. (1998). Trust Within Reason. Cambridge: Cambridge University Pr.
- Holton, Richard 'Deciding to Trust, Coming to Believe' Australasian Journal of Philosophy Vol. 72 No. 1; March 1994.
- Jones, K. (1998). “Trust”. Routledge Encyclopaedia of Philosophy.
- Lingis, A. (2004). Trust. Minneapolis: Univ. of Minnesota Pr.
- Nussbaum, M. (2001). The Fragility of Goodness : Luck and Ethics in Greek Tragedy and Philosophy. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Benedek, T. (1938). “Adaptation to Reality in Early Infancy.” Psychoanal. Quart. 7.
- Erikson, E. (1950). Childhood and Society, Norton.
- Holmes, J. and J. Rempel. (1989). “Trust in Close Relationships,” in C. Hendrick, ed. Review of Personality and Social Psychology 10, pp. 187-220. London: Sage
- Isaacs, K. S., Alexander, J. M. (1963). “Faith, Trust, and Gullibility.” Int. J. Psychoanalysis 44:461-469.
- Luhmann, N. (1979). Trust and Power. Chichester, Wiley.
- Buber, M. (1953). I and Thou. Edinburgh, T. T. Clark, & T. Clark.
- Burrell, D. (2000). Friendship and the Ways to Truth. Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press.
- Donovan, G. (2002). “Trust in Religion Reaches Lowest Point in 30 Years.” National Catholic Reporter, July 19.
- Joseph Godfrey, "Conceiving Trust for Philosophy of Religion," http://philosophy.georgetown.edu/news_events/papers_2003-2004/godfrey_paper.pdf
- Gratton, C. (1982). Trusting: theory and practice. Crossroad, 1982.
- Moyaert, Paul (2000). “On Faith and the Experience of Transcendence: An Existential Reflection on Negative Theology.” In I. N. Bulhof and L. ten Kate, eds., Flight of the Gods: Philosophical Perspectives on Negative Theology. New York: Fordham University Press, 2000, pp. 375-383
- Cattermole, H. (2003). "ISR Editorial." Interdisciplinary Science Reviews 28:4, p. 233.
- Crease, R. (2004). "The Paradox of Trust in Science." Physics World, March, p. 18.
____. "Fallout: Issues in the Study, Treatment, and Reparations of Exposed Marshall Islanders."
____. (2000) "Case of the Deadly Strangelets." Physics World, July.
____. (2000). "A Top Ten for Science and Society." Physics World, December, 17.
- Fairchild, A. and Bayer, R. (1999). “Uses and Abuses of Tuskegee,” Science 284.
- Gooday, G. (2004). The Morals of Measurement: Accuracy, Irony, and Trust in Late Victorian Electrical Practice. Cambridge: Cambridge University Pr.
- Krige, J. (2001). “Distrust and Discovery: The Case of the Heavy Bosons at CERN.” ISIS 92, p. 517.
- Markovits, A. and Deutsch, K. (1980) Fear of Science -- Trust in Science: Conditions for Change in the Climate of Opinion. Cambridge: Oelgeschlager, Gunn & Hain.
- Stengers, I. (2000). The Invention of Modern Science. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Pr.
- Whitbeck, Caroline (2004). “Trust and the Future of Research.” Physics
Technology and Society
- Boholm, A.; J. Bayer, R. Lofsted, and D. Sauri (n.d., coordinating group), "Trust and Community Building after Times of Pollution Catastrophe: Examining the Cases in Four European Communities."
- Bradbury, J., K. Branch and W. Focht (2000). "Trust and Public Participation in Rick Policy Issues," in G. Cvetkovich and R. Lofstedt, eds., Social Trust and the Management of Risk. London: Earthscan.
- Covello, V. (1992). "Trust and Credibility in Risk Communication." Health and Environment Digest 6:1-3.
- Crease, R. (1999). "Conflicting Interpretations of Risk: The Case of Brookhaven's Spent Fuel Rods." Technology 6, 495-500.
- Earle, T. and Cvetkovich, G. (1995). Social Trust: Toward a Cosmopolitan Society. Westport: Praeger.
- Fukuyama, F. (1996). Trust: The Social Virtues and the Creation of Prosperity. New York: Free Press.
- Gambetta, D. ed. (1988). Trust: Making and Breaking Cooperative Relations. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Kasperson, R., D. Golding, and S. Tuler (1992). “Social Distrust as a Factor in Siting Hazardous Facilities and Communicating Risks.” Journal of Social Issues 48: 161-187.
- Lewis, J. and A. Weigert (1985). “Trust as a Social Reality.” Social Forces 63: 967-85.
- Misztal, B. (1996). Trust in Modern Societies. Cambridge: Polity Press.
- Peters, R., V. Covello, and McCallum, D. (1997). “The Determinants of Trust and Credibility in Environmental Risk Communication: An Empirical Study.” Risk Analysis 17: 43-54.
- Porter, T. (1995). Trust in Numbers: The Pursuit of Objectivity in Science and Public Life. Princeton: Princeton University Pr.
- Putnam, R. (2000). Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community. New York: Simon and Schuster.
______. (1993). Making Democracy Work. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Renn, O. and D. Levine (1991). “Credibility and Trust in Risk Communication: An Empirical Study.” In Communicating Risks to the Public: International Perspectives, ed. R. Kasperson and P. Stallen, pp. 175-218. Boston: Kluwer.
- Rosenthal, L. (1935). “The Development of the Use of Expert Testimony,” in Law and Contemporary Problems 2: 406-409.
- Scholz, J. (1998a). "Adaptive Political Attitudes: Duty, Trust, and Fear as Monitors of Tax Policy" (with Mark Lubell), American Journal of Political Science, 42: 903_920.
_____. (1998b). "Trust and Taxpaying: Testing the Heuristic Approach to Collective Action" (with Mark Lubell), American Journal of Political Science, 42: 398_417.
- Scholz, J., R. Schneider, and M. Lubell, “Study of Ecosystem Agreements,” from web page description: http://homer.ic.sunysb.edu/Class/jscholz/SEA/our_res/index.htm