SPD Webinars — Access and Participation Information
This set of instructions is generic for all SPD webinars. Please refer to the webinar description for dates, time and topic information.
What You Need To Know Before the Presentation
You will need to have:
- A desktop or laptop computer with the Adobe Flash player installed (note: the iPad will not work; other tablets may or may not work, so it is best to run a connection test)
- Speakers or headphones
- A wired Internet connection is strongly preferred; wireless participants may be able to see and hear the presentation, but they cannot use their computer's microphone (they can still participate by typing in the chat pod)
- Administrator access to install plug-ins from Adobe
You will need to do:
- Run a connection test. Visit http://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- Install Adobe Flash and Adobe Connect plug-ins, if necessary
On the Day of the Presentation
SPD's Online Conference Room Access Information
- Log into the meeting site 10 minutes before the start time with your NetID and password (if you don't have a NetID, just log in as a guest)
- The meeting site for SPD New Student Orientations (except for HEA) is https://meeting.sinc.stonybrook.edu/r10v5vx9pjh/
- The meeting site for the Higher Education Administration program webinars is https://meeting.sinc.stonybrook.edu/spd2
- The meeting site for SPD Graduate Student Success Webinars is https://meeting.sinc.stonybrook.edu/spd/
Stony Brook Library Conference Room Access Information
- Students who register for workshops using the library's registration links will be emailed access information.
How the Presentation Works
- Once you log in, you will see the online conference room, which has several components or "pods."
- The presentation will be displayed in the largest pod, and there will be interactive pods for you to ask questions or send messages.
- You will hear the presenter, who will speak and share a slideshow and/or make a demonstration.
- Depending on the presentation, participants will either use the chat function or microphones to ask or respond to questions.
- The facilitator will manage the pods, monitor the discussion and post relevant links.
- You will be asked to provide feedback by typing messages or clicking when prompted.
- The seminar should last about one hour.
We look forward to meeting you online!