Undergraduate Bulletin

WorkingCopy 2022


Transcripts may be ordered directly from the student's SOLAR account, under Records and Registration, SU Request Official Transcript or by submitting a written request to the Registrar’s Office at least ten days before the transcript is needed. Transcripts may be requested for personal use or to submit directly to another institution or agency. Please note that in certain instances, location of study is indicated.

A transcript request form is available from the Registrar, or it may be downloaded and printed from the Registrar’s Webpage at http://www.stonybrook.edu/registrar/forms.shtml. 

There is a charge for each official transcript (see Registrar website for details); payment should be made to the Bursar’s Office. If submitted by mail, the request and check payable to Stony Brook University should be sent to the Bursar’s Office, P.O. Box 619, Stony Brook, NY 11790-1351. Partial transcripts of a student’s record are not released unless required by law. Transcripts will be issued only if the student’s financial record shows no outstanding obligation.

Students may view their unofficial transcripts using the SOLAR system at http://www.stonybrook.edu/solarsystem.  

Degree Revocation  

If a degree is revoked or rescinded, the degree 
  conferral    will be removed    from the academic record and adjusted in the student information system.

Disciplinary Action Notation on Transcript

A record of disciplinary action shall be placed on a student’s academic transcript in the following cases:

  1. All cases in which the sanction imposed is expulsion or suspension from the University (this includes but is not limited to cases in which a student is found responsible for an act of violence that meets the reporting requirements found in the Clery Act at 20 U.S.C. § 1092 (f)(1)(F)(i)(I)-(VIII)1(referred to below as Clery conduct)). A notation will be placed which states, “suspended [or expelled] after a finding of responsibility for a code of conduct violation”. Further, if a Respondent withdraws (officially or unofficially) from the University while Clery conduct charges are pending and fails to complete the disciplinary process, a notation will be placed which states, “withdrew with conduct charges pending”;
  2. An academic dishonesty determination; or
  3. When a sanction that is imposed is not completed by the student. In this instance, in addition to an academic transcript notation, an administrative ‘block’ will be placed on the student’s academic record. The transcript notation and the block will be removed upon the completion of the sanction.

Five (5) years after the conclusion of the suspension, or in the case of a sanction imposed and not completed five (5) years from the date that the sanction was due, the Vice President for Student Affairs (or designee), will consider written requests to remove the transcript notation. A transcript notation that a student “withdrew with conduct charges pending” may only be removed by completing the disciplinary process. Transcript notations of expulsions and academic dishonesty are permanent and requests for removal will not be heard. However, if at any time a finding of responsibility is vacated for any reason, the resulting transcript notation shall be removed.