Master of Arts in Political Science – Political Psychology
An innovative program with an emphasis on the psychology of public opinion, attitude
change and propaganda.Earn a valuable master’s degree from one of the most respected
public universities in the nation, at one of the country’s leading departments of
political science, in as little as one year (30 credit hours).
Working closely with internationally recognized scholars in the fields of political
psychology, public opinion and political behavior, you’ll discuss relevant issues
in today’s political world:
Why some Americans resist scientific evidence on climate change
- Fundamental differences between conservatives and liberals in terms of values, morality
and basic personality characteristics
- The psychology behind consumer boycotts and protests against specific government actions
Our program addresses these and many other important questions by familiarizing students
with basic psychological processes and research methodologies central to the study
of contemporary politics.
- Our program may be completed in as little as one year (full time)
- Affordable tuition and financial aid available to those who qualify
- Access to a growing alumni network
- Many of our MA students have been admitted to top ranked PhD programs across the country
SUNY Washington Internship Program
MA in Political Science students can take advantage of this program that organizes
internships with a wide range of major political, public and not-for-profit organizations.
The Washington Internship Program also provides career advice, counseling and networking
that can help students find jobs upon program completion.
Learn more about the curriculum by visiting our
website, or contact:
MA Program Director
Carri Ann Horner
Graduate Program Coordinator