You can complete your 2020/2021 FAFSA beginning October 1, 2019 using your 2018 tax information. The Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) will be available to use again. The DRT will pull your IRS information directly into the FAFSA. Using the tool is optional, but helps to eliminate manual entry errors. Using the tool will also help in the event that the student is chosen for verification; the DRT provided information has already been verified, so there is no need to submit tax transcripts.
For information on eligibility and programs please click here.
If you are enrolling in summer classes, please also check Summer Aid.
What's the next step after applying for financial aid?
- You will receive an email alerting you to go to your SOLAR account to accept or decline your awards and to complete any "To Do" items. Summer financial aid packaging begins in May; Fall/Spring financial aid packaging begins in July.
- On SOLAR you will also find your account information, any anticipated financial aid and refunds waiting for you by clicking "Account Summary/What do I owe?”
- Enroll in direct deposit for student refunds! Refund checks are printed biweekly while refunds through direct deposit are processed daily.
- Electronic deposits are secure and you can cancel participation at any time. Log into SOLAR to sign up for direct deposit.
- If you have a Bachelor’s degree you are not eligible for federal grants PELL and SEOG
Direct Student Loans - Important Information to Remember
- Enrollment of at least 6 credits towards your degree is required each semester
- When you accept your academic year loans they are for Fall and Spring
- Complete entrance counseling and the Master Promissory Note at studentloans.gov.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, call 631-444-2111, or stop by the office to meet with a financial aid advisor. We'll be happy to assist.