Home > Ethics
Frequently Asked Questions:
Financial Disclosure Statement Filers
Who has to file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure?
When do I have to file my Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure?
You will receive an advance email notice from Human Resource Services, followed by an email notice from the New York State Joint Commission on Public Ethics (JCOPE). Unless notified otherwise by JCOPE, the filing deadlines are as follows:
- Faculty must file no later than November 15th of each year;
- Policy-makers and other full-time employees, with limited exceptions, earning above the filing rate must file no later than May 15th of each year.
What is the definition of a "policy maker"?
I am a faculty member and policy maker. Do I have to file twice?
I was hired this year. Do I have to file?
If I am on sabbatical, or a paid/unpaid leave during the filing period, must I file?
How can I be excused from the requirement to file an Annual Statement of Financial Disclosure?
What is an exemption?
How do I request an exemption?
To request an exemption, go to jcope.ny.gov to complete the Individual Exemption Application.
- Policy Makers cannot be granted an exemption.
Faculty must provide a recent annual report or self-prepared written description of duties which includes whether or not you are involved in:
- a) Purchasing or contracting activities
- b) Administrative duties such as chair or director of a department or program
- c) Whether you receive externally funded grants
- Non-faculty must provide an official job description. If unavailable, then include a copy of your most recent performance evaluation.