Stony Brook Experts
an online search tool for members of the media to identify experts at Stony Brook
George Aumoithe is an Assistant Professor of Global Health in the Department of Africana Studies. He is a scholar of U.S. healthcare and comparative welfare state history whose research focuses on the effect of anti-inflationary economic policy and colorblind legal ideology on public hospitals. Dr. Aumoithe organized a national conference called Law, Difference, and Healthcare: Making Sense of Structural Racism in Medico-Legal History. He directs the inaugural Global Health and Health Inequality Mapping Lab in Africana Studies.
- Bowdoin, BA, Major History and Africana Studies; Minor: Gay and Lesbian Studies
- Columbia University, MA: History
- Columbia University, M.Phil: History
- Columbia University, Ph.D: History
- Princeton University, Post-Doc