The Office of Community Relations is the liaison between Stony Brook University and the neighboring communities.
We serve to develop, build and maintain relationships with local businesses and civic leaders and increase collaboration with local community partners.
In addition, the Community Relations office encourages employees and students to participate in public service in their local neighborhoods.
Stony Brook University participates in many business and civic organizations.
- Bayport/Bluepoint Chamber of Commerce
- Brookhaven Coalition of Chambers
- Civic Association of the Setaukets and Stony Brook
- Greater Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Smithtown Chamber of Commerce
- Hauppauge Industrial Association
- Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce
- Kings Park Chamber of Commerce
- LILTA (Long Island Latino Teacher's Association)
- Long Hill Civic Association
- Long Island Association
- Long Island Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
- Melville Chamber of Commerce
- Nesconset Chamber of Commerce
- North Brookhaven Chamber of Commerce
- Port Jefferson Rotary
- Queens Chamber of Commerce
- Saint James Chamber of Commerce
- Southampton Business Alliance
- Southampton Chamber of Commerce
- Stony Brook Rotary
- The Greater Middle Country Chamber of Commerce
- Three Village Chamber Of Commerce
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute: The OLLI chapter at Stony Brook University provides peer taught academic workshops for retired and semi-retired members of the community.
Letters to the Community
In an effort to keep our neighbors apprised of activity at Stony Brook University, we periodically share news about some of the things happening here on the campus. Below is an archive of the letters sent to the community.
|Judith B. Greiman
Senior Vice President, Government and Community Relations
Asst. Vice President, Government
and Community Relations
Director, Community Relations
Director of Government Relations
Executive Assistant to the Vice President