E-3 Visa: Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia
E-3 visas allow employers to temporarily employ an Australian worker in the U.S. on a nonimmigrant basis in a specialty occupation.
To be eligible for E-3 status the following conditions must be met:
- Must be a "specialty" occupation requiring "theoretical and practical application of a body of knowledge in professional fields and at least the attainment of a bachelor's degree or its equivalent."
- The department must agree to pay at minimum, throughout the entire duration of employment, the prevailing wage as approved by the Department of Labor.
- The employee must:
- Possess the degree specified.
- Be an Australian national.
- Possess " highly specialized knowledge and attain[ed] a bachelor's or higher degree in the specific specialty" of the position.
If you are uncertain if this is the most appropriate category for your employee, please contact VIS.