Skip Navigation
  • Paid/Unpaid Internships

    Internships (Paid/Unpaid)

    An internship, regardless of whether it is paid or unpaid, requires authorization.

    If you are engaging in an unpaid internship off-campus you should be using CPT,  Pre-Completion OPT, or Academic Training (J-1 students).

  • Internships with an International Organization
    Internships with an International Organization

    F-1 International Organization Work Permission is a type of employment authorization for F-1 students who have been offered an internship with a recognized international organization.

    Conditions of employment

    How to Apply

    Step 1: Submit a request in accessVIS
    Step 2: Prepare your I-765 Application
    Step 3: Send your OPT Application to USCIS
    Step 4: Report the approval of your I-795 to VIS