Sigma Xi prize
Sigma Xi - URECA Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award
Sigma Xi is the national science research honors society. The Stony Brook Chapter of Sigma Xi is offering the annual Sigma Xi-URECA Outstanding Undergraduate Research award, which will award three (3) prizes in the following amounts: $500, $250 & $100.
• Must be a graduating senior May, August or December 2020
• Must be a registered participant in the 2020 Virtual URECA Celebration symposium
• Must have conducted significant research in the physical and/or life sciences, or engineering fields while a student at Stony Brook University
Application Materials (deadline: April 28, 2020) :
- URECA poster symposium abstract (to upload)
- Resume/CV (to upload)
- Documentation of outstanding research performance. "Outstanding research performance" is generally defined by having published a paper, having made a significant presentation at an outside conference, and/or through important contributions to a Stony Brook research group (to upload)
• Initial screening will be made by evaluating the submitted abstract and research documentation.
• Winners will be notified within one week of symposium. All applicants will be notified of their status.
Application/Nomination Form >> Apply now !
Note: All application materials must be submitted in completion by the deadline: April 28, 2020 .