Sigma Xi prize
Sigma Xi - URECA Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award
Sigma Xi is the national science research honors society. The Stony Brook Chapter of Sigma Xi is offering the second annual Sigma Xi- URECA Outstanding Undergraduate Research award, which will come with a $500 cash prize.
• Must be a graduating senior May, August or December 2019
• Must be a registered participant in the 2019 URECA campus symposium (Wednesday - April 24)
• Must have conducted significant research in the physical and/or life sciences, or engineering fields while a student at Stony Brook University
Application Materials (deadline: April 15, 2019):
• Documentation of outstanding research performance. Outstanding research performance is generally defined by having published a paper, having made a significant presentation at an outside conference, and/or through important contributions to a Stony Brook research group. Resume is recommended and encouraged. We expect to receive independent evidence that the applicant has accomplished these activities. Documentation can be submitted in person to the URECA office (Melville Library N3005) or by e-mail to Karen Kernan firstname.lastname@example.org
• Initial screening will be made by evaluating the submitted abstract and research documentation.
• A select group of students will be assessed by members of the Stony Brook Sigma Xi chapter on their poster presentation at the URECA poster event, April 24, 2019. The winner will be notified within one week. All applicants will be notified of their status - and selected finalists will be notified as to what time the Sigma Xi panel will interview them at the poster symposium on April 24.
Application Materials >> Apply nowl
Note: Applications will not be complete unless supporting documentation is provided of outstanding research performance by April 15.