Please note: The Undergraduate Colleges Centers are closed for the Summer. Thank you.
Guidelines for Reservations
1. You may reserve an event space up to one year in advance. However, classroom spaces
will be one semester prior only.
2. There will be NO block booking in any of the Centers' large spaces. The spaces
in the Centers that have been identified for block booking are as follows: room G01
in the Tabler Center, room 121 in the SSO Center and room 121 in the GLS/HDV Center.
3. All events must be held within the hours of operation.
4. When using external catering services a food permit must be obtained from the
Department of Environmental Health & Safety
10 days prior to the event. Food permits must be posted at the event.
5. Events that require an event ticket for entry must arrange for USG Event Management
Staff. High-risk events that involve bands, performers, and/or DJs will require a
security check. All requests must be submitted at least 8 weeks in advance for events
with non-Stony Brook students in attendance and 3 weeks for Stony Brook students only.
All security arrangements should be made with the Facilities Manager,
6. Reservations with an attendance of 100 or more people will require grounds or
7. Any group or department using a space is responsible for the equipment, the room
condition, and the supervision of activities during their event.
8. Reservations are not accepted over the phone. Please visit our Facility Reservation
Request Form to make a reservation.
9. All cancellations must be made in writing. Please submit notice of cancellation
via e-mail at least 1 week prior to the scheduled event.
Requests must be submitted no later than two weeks prior to your requested date.