Your application has three parts:
- General Information
- Short answer questions:
- What interests you most about the College Fellows role?
- What skills and/or experience do you have that will help you in this position? What skills do you hope to gain or improve in this position?
- What about your first semester has motivated you to participate in campus life?
- In what ways has your first-year experience been impacted by your UGC?
- Recommendation Form – Ask a SBU professional staff or faculty member who knows you well to fill out the online Recommendation Form (example: 101 instructor, Residence Hall Director, Advisor, Faculty Director, Quad Director, Supervisor, etc). NOTE: The link to the Reference Form is found within your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to formally request that their reference complete the online reference form and send them the link.
Applications will be accepted from Monday, October 7th – Sunday, November 10th, 2019. To fill out your Fellows application, select the appropriate college below:
|Arts, Cultures, and Humanities||Global Studies|
|Human Development||Information and Technology Studies|
|Leadership and Service||Science and Society|
Process after Application Submission
All applications will be reviewed by their respective Undergraduate College team and each applicant will be notified of their status in late November. Successful candidates will be expected to attend a Group Process Interview that will take place in late November or early December. At the end of the Fall semester, a final grade and judicial check will be conducted at which time all successful candidates will be given permission to add the Fellows Seminar course (UGC 275) to their Spring schedule.