In order to maintain social distancing, Stony Brook Automotive Repair shop will be improvising our routine for dropping off and picking up vehicle. All keys must be left in our vestibule area. We have a mailbox and folders containing squawk sheets/vehicle pick-up sheets as well as key hooks in the outer vestibule.
- When dropping off a vehicle, it should be parked in the back of the garage (as usual).
- Please fill out a squawk sheet and leave it in the mailbox with your keys. You will be notified when your vehicle is ready
- If you're picking up a vehicle, your keys will be hung in the vestibule under the mailbox.
- Please sign out your vehicle on the appropriate "vehicle sign out sheet".
Thank you for your cooperation during this time. The automotive repair shop is taking every step to keep its employees and customers safe.
The SBU Automotive Repair Facility is operated by the Department of Transportation & Parking Operations and is located next to the Facilities & Services building on the West Campus of Stony Brook University. The facility is staffed and equipped to perform the following range of vehicle services for Stony Brook University vehicles only:
- Preventive maintenance.
- New York State emissions and safety inspections.
- Minor and major vehicle and equipment repair.
- Receiving, preparation and final delivery of all new vehicles purchased for use at Stony Brook University.
- Surplus and Disposition of vehicles.
- Safeguard of all vehicle titles and registrations.
- Safeguard of vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair records.
Users of Stony Brook University-owned vehicles may request vehicle maintenance/repair services by completing and submitting a "Squawk Sheet":
- For Stony Brook University (Main or Southampton) Campus Users: Use this Squawk Sheet
Please submit the above completed form to:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Fax to the Automotive Repair Facility at (631) 632-4615, or
- Deliver in person to the SBU Automotive Repair Facility located within the West Campus Operations Service Compound.
Once the completed "Squawk Sheet" is received, the SBU Automotive Repair Facility will contact the requesting individual and/or department.
For additional information, please contact:
SBU Automotive Repair Facility
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-2001
Phone: (631) 632-6422
Fax: (631) 632-4615