News & Alerts
New Fueling System and Procedure
The Department of Transportation and Parking is pleased to introduce our new fueling system at the South P Lot. The system will begin operation on Monday morning, January 29 th, 2018. Please become familiar with the operation by viewing the instructions provided below.
The new system will no longer use the currently issued fuel keys. In addition, the process of dispensing fuel will require a valid SBU ID card - No fuel will be dispensed without swiping a valid SBU ID card .
Over the past several weeks, the Automotive Department has worked diligently to install new equipment in our vehicles, which is required to work with this system. If you have a vehicle that has not been retrofitted with this new equipment, you will need to visit the automotive garage prior to fueling in order to have this new equipment installed.
For any questions or concerns regarding this new procedure, please contact Transportation at 631-632-6219.
Faculty/Staff Renewal Notice
Permits ordered online can be picked up at Parking Services (2-3 days) or mailed home (1 week). If you choose to have the permit mailed home, please confirm the address in the parking system is accurate. Once your permit has been renewed your old permit will be expired after 10 business days. Please be sure to destroy the old permit or return it to Parking Services.
Please note that all outstanding parking fines must be paid in full before a renewal can be processed.
Parking meters now exclusively accept credit or debit cards at all pay lot stations.
- Dec 05, 2013 - 7Bus to provide SBU-to-NYC Transportation Service
- May 24, 2013 - SBU Transit Vehicle Wraps
- October 28, 2013 - J School on the move: New bus wrap features School of Journalism
- September 18, 2012 - Moving Motivation
- May 24, 2012 - Suffolk Transit Connection
- March 12, 2012 - Students, faculty, administrators teams up to create SBU Transit GPS system
- October 26, 2011 - Bus Driver Appreciation
- June 28, 2011 - R&D 100 Award for Energy Harvesting Shock Absorber Techonology
- June 8, 2011 - Administration Parking Garage
- May 31, 2011 - Bus Wraps
- May 14, 2009 - SBU Earthstock 2009 - Name This Bus Contest Information