Campus Lactation Rooms
With generous support from Stony Brook University’s President’s Office, the Presidential Diversity Funded Initiative, and the Renaissance School of Medicine, the Department of Student Community Development has created Stony Brook University’s first publicly available designated lactation rooms. These spaces support the needs of campus community members who wish to continue their breastfeeding journey upon their return to campus.
Campus lactation rooms are specifically dedicated for the purpose of offering a quiet, comfortable, and private space for breastfeeding parents to express breastmilk during the hours they spend on campus. Each room contains the following features:
- Medela Symphony® Breast Pump
- Cleaning and Personal Care Supplies
- Mini Refrigerator
- Microwave (for steam cleaning)
- Electrical Outlets
- Chair, Ottoman, Pillow and Throw Blanket
- Sound Machine
- Changing Table
- Temporary Storage Lockers (available in limited locations)
- Privacy Screen
- Vacant/In-Use Signage
Current Operating Locations (as of February 2023):
- Stony Brook Union, L06-14 (lower level)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences, S-129
- Health Sciences Center, 2-295 (level 2)*
- Student Activities Center, 224
- Dental School, Rockland Hall, 178*
- Southampton Campus, Student Center, 110C
Upon approval of a request, users will be given ID card access to each active location. Please note that users may be contacted periodically to confirm a continued need for space access. *Please note that while access is granted to all lactation rooms, this does not supersede more specialized access requirements, where applicable.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.